1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Till 2006, in the 5 to 10 lac category the handles were like this:-
    images.jpg

After the introduction of swift / Honda city ivtec many manufactures started putting these handles:-
    images.jpg

Still today Fiat/ Nissan/ Renault are using the same old style handles but majority has shifted to new style

these new style handles are easy to use and looks good also(is my personal opinion)
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. PalioPassion

PalioPassion Novizio

Guwahati
    BTW, I just went through the engine awards of 2014, did you guys know there is a Punto in Europe with 875 cc producing a whopping 105 ps! :eek: I only wonder why no new engine development and when will Fiat India think about bringing those engines to India! :confused:
  3. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    I think the engine you are talking about is the Multiair II engine. This engine requires a lot of testing if it has to be introduced in India due to fuel quality issues. FIAT India, as usual has no plans to bring this engine to India. I think FIAT India has a deal with other manufacturers(Or, may be bribed by other manufacturers) that, it won't bring any of its latest technologies in it's own vehicles to India. May be who knows, Suzuki (Maruti as we call it) may introduce these technologies through its vehicles in India.
  4. PalioPassion

PalioPassion Novizio

Guwahati
    Yes it is the MultiAir II, but I thought the 875 cc was available only in 85 ps version! Yeah I am afraid we won't get to drive these engines anytime soon. Maybe not even in the next decade! *Sigh!!
  5. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    no New engine can be expected from fiat till the end of 2015 as fiat will have to share it with TATA Automobiles according to the pact they signed, I think Fiat has shared enough already with tata..
    2 people like this.
  6. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Maruti is already working on manufacturing their own diesel engine and also there are rumours that they are evn testing Peugeot's 1.6 diesel engine for ciaz.
    It would be a distance dream fo us to have multiair engine in India...
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Fiat may get 1.6 if new government change policy to not charge more excise duty for engines exceeding 1.5 limit & about Multiair it cant come easily because indian fuel is not clean enough for that engine

- - - Merged Post - - -

New Punto spotted again today
    Fiat Punto facelift spied wearing Avventura grille & lights
    2 people like this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    If you remember fiat had these so called new handles in palio stile.

Hence i think for fiat its more a matter of which design goes well with car's design rather than old or new
    5 people like this.
  9. PalioPassion

PalioPassion Novizio

Guwahati
    WOW!!! I am in love all over again! Those alloys...are HUGE! And that is the first Punto 2014 that we are seeing which is clean and not bathed with dirt and mud! Looks amazing! :wow

Fiat-Punto-spyshots-side.jpg

Is the rear pillar blackened till the taillights? Coz it seems like it. And the front a pillar of the door is not.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    its clear now that New Punto n Avventura will almost be the same. Avventura being the sports version of Punto. Avventura should have been a completely new product rather than a modified Punto.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.