1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PalioPassion

PalioPassion Novizio

Guwahati
    I don't believe in Autocar, these magazines suck big time and I hope they turn out wrong! Mood lighting should be there.. Fiat should promote Punto like i20, Polo. Luxury hatchback, not lower end B+ hatch. Coz it is indeed a luxury hatch! And well I don't think Punto will get the T-Jet, or else what will the Abarth Punto get under its hood?
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The Punto above looks fabulous, but I am pretty sure that this is not what we will be getting here in India.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    The European Punto Evo pictures often used in these magazines make us crazy mad.Fingers crossed how the front look will be in INDIAN NEW PUNTO ::pP.

Fiat-Punto_T_Jet_BR_mp21_pic_93827.jpg
    Fiat-Punto_T_Jet_BR_mp21_pic_93826.jpg
    12 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I simply don't understand why they have to re-work on the new Punto here when they already have it in the form of Punto Evo.
    2 people like this.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Rightly said @ramjn. That rear picture of the Evo looks smashing.. Maybe Fiat is looking at a global refresh apart from the evo so that India can be used as an export base and factory volumes can be leveraged to the optimum. fiat is putting in their money and am sure they will be having a calculation to justify. If only we can transplant the rear bumper to our existing Punto and get the decals from after market, we can get the rear look similar.

Abdul
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I have the same feeling as well.Moreover, all forms of current Punto will be replaced after some years by Fiat 500 based Punto :confused: and the New Punto with high GC, black cladding ,spare wheel at the back and roof rails is called 'AVVENTURA' :oops:.Eager to see the sales chart once the 'NEW' products are introduced.
  7. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    They work on areas which doesn't need rework and they don't work on areas which needs rework. This is some strange FIAT India's logic which we don't understand.
    1 person likes this.
  8. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    I think Fiat should change the side profile of the car too.

Also the door handles should be changed, it looks a generation old technology.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you don't like the design, then it is understandable. But, I simply don't understand how you term this as the generation old technology. Can you clarify please? :confused:
  10. PalioPassion

PalioPassion Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat India needs to rework on the design because, well the original Grande Punto was 30mm longer than the 4m. And with this Evo look, the car's total length stretched to 4090mm. If Fiat would have kept the front look exactly to that of EVO, then they would have had to chop of the rear bumper by a huge amount of 90mm. That's a big length and the bumper suddenly slashing straight wouldn't have looked good from the rear. You can even compare the Euro spec Grande punto from rear and Indian spec Grande Punto. The rear of our is quite abruptly straight. A more rounded of bumper looks more sturdy.
    The rule of under 4m length excise benefits and engine under 1.2 Ltrs Petrol and 1.5Ltrs Diesel is killing Fiat! :(

And more over I think Fiat needs to change its looks no matter how beautiful the current punto is and that's a fact no one can ignore! The thing is I feel, with the New Linea, there isn't much difference to the exterior design, it looks pretty similar to the old Linea. A car's main attraction are the headlights and taillights. The new linea looks different from the rear coz of the boot mounted number plate, but the front is pretty similar!
    In fact the EVO punto, even though has a huge matte finish bumper, it looks pretty similar!
    But with the look of the Avventura, the new Punto with it's sharp swept back headlamps, new bonnet and new bumper is gonna stand out as quite different than the current generation Punto.

I feel it's a good decision to get a completely new look but also they must do something regarding the performance. Or maybe :-? try to plonk a Turbo in 1.2 FIRE engine like they have done in 1.4 FIRE engine!
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.