1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Not only FIAT India buddy, i feel, even Team Fiatians here still didn't acknowledge your and my point. Sadly they are content with the indicators placed in ORVM and others bothering about Antenna placement and Horn sound. I am sure again Auto journalists are going to test drive the new Punto and going to say the final verdict as ' Engine performance and Gearbox of New Punto not a match for I20 and Swift'. FIAT don't know how to tune their own Multijet engine. Swift is still the pick for Enthusiasts with its Peppy performance.'
    And, I very well know that these buggers won't bother to change the gear box in the upcoming Punto. The facelift is just cosmetic, nothing more.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, you are correct and wrong. Team Fiatians dont need to acknowledge something that all here have already understood and discussed. BTW, you are also TFIan. :| There are many posts where this discussion has been made. I think people have accepted in package what they got. Certainly there are a few things that Punto offers that a Swift does not.
    2 people like this.
  3. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah..nothing changed with the Linea..except for cosmetic doo-dads.......and so you cannot expect even minor changes in gearing and mechanicals in the new Punto as well.....
    But The Fiat can take over the i20 and swift if they bring the Multi-air Petrol and Diesel engines and the T-jet too...all mated to a 6 speed gearbox......even without an AMT this would bring considerable peak in sales...
    I think anyone from TFI should be the CEO of fiat India.....the current guy is only working on F-ASS..... he is not thinking that a car should be FIRST sold to have an ASS....
    2 people like this.
  4. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    I accept the fact that in many and most parameters Punto overtakes Swift. But, the only grouse with me is the engine tuning and gearbox. Why can't they just act upon just this single drawback and make it a complete car. According to me there are not few things Punto offers over Swift, but there are many and they are (1.Solid build quality, 2. Various list of exclusive features like Blue and Me, Follow-me-home, Fuel cut-off, 195 section tyres etc... 3. Mesmerizing external looks, 4. Ride quality which feels as if its two segments above, 5. Beautiful dashboard design, 6. Loaded with features even in Dynamic variant compared with VDI of Swift and many more, 7. 5* safety rating..). I know to analyze things and appreciate it and that's why I am a TFI ian :). I am fan of FIAT right from Siena days. But, I have heard many people rejecting Punto over Swift in other forumns after Test drives just because they find the Engine-Gearbox, Initial pickup combo lethargic. Why can't FIAT India just improve this single parameter where it lags behind the Swift, so that Punto could just smoke the Swift away :).
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am not sure what exact FE & drive benefit Fiat has managed with the current ECU and Gearbox. Do they have this setup to meet a stricter Euro norm which was kept unchanged for Indian conditions also..:confused: One thing is for sure that Maruti and even Tata engineers have done some nice ECU tweaking to make the JTD/MJD more alive. Also, I hear they have different injectors or injection system suppliers. Changes to gearbox and transmission are not likely anyhow in the new Punto too. :(

Lets see if they could atleast tweak it on other fronts like ECU etc. for the time being. Meanwhile those demanding performance have the option of Wolfmoto remap.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Except for interiors & exterior cosmetic changes i guess Fiat will be only tuning the diesel & petrol FIRE engines for more refinement & better sound insulation.
    Linea didnt got any change in its ECU,Gearbox or injectors & they tested those for many months & they even wont change mechanicals in new Punto,if they have worked on mechanicals on new Punto then we would be quite happy but they are Fiat so cant expect major changes in new Punto too,expecting T-jet in New Punto but i heard from an employee of Fiat that T-Jet will be given to Avventura only & not Punto + no 90hp to new Punto & it will be standard only in Avventura only,this is not confirmed,if its true then Fiat is killing Punto to make Avventura successful.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Nadeem, the market trend is towards, bigger and better and more. We will have to wait and see how they concentrate or choose between Avventura and Punto. The Avventura should offer as a smaller, stylish alternative to Duster or Ecosport. Lets see how the market responds. However there is a clear demand for small cars, and there are plenty of options too. So stopping Punto for a bigger looking car on same platform could not be something they could consider seriously, unless profits and sales are a reason to stop production. It is a fact that they actually incurred losses at the time of selling Unos.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Lets see how new Punto & Avventura gets response from customers,fingers crossed as these are the only cars for Fiat to get them more sales from mass segment.

- - - Merged Post - - -

New Punto was spied in Nashik,source Car Wale

2015-Fiat-Punto-27945_l.jpg

2015-Fiat-Punto-27946.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    The tyres look mighty! Waiting eagerly for the launch!

Sent from my iris504Q using Tapatalk
  10. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Close to zero going by their past history in introduction of new products! :D
    BTW, I will be one of the first ones to book it if at all it comes! ::D
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.