1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdesarkar

bdesarkar

Gurgaon
    Nothing Punto'ish about it, exteriorwise.

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk
  2. PalioPassion

PalioPassion Novizio

Guwahati
    Yes, I wished the same too, the badging below the logo. But they can't/won't because they would have to change the entire boot. The key slot is not there on the evo, but here we have, and that takes up the space of the badging! :(
  3. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    There are no issues with the gearbox. I am not speaking about gear shift quality. The issue is with the gear ratio. The short gearing in Punto and Linea reduces the topend performance in Highways. ie., Engine RPM is more and Vehicle speed is less... Engine RPM with current gearbox in 5th gear at 100 kmph speed is 2500 RPM due to short gear ratio. Ideally it will be good if engine RPM is around 2100 at 100 kmph in 5th gear. This is the gear ratio in all Marutis which uses Multijet engine. This long gear ratio makes the engine feel relaxed at high speeds and also top speed will be increased.In fact mileage will also be increased. Punto top speed is only 154 kmph due to short gear ratio, whereas Swift top speed is 167 kmph. Hope you people are clear now, what I mean by Short gear ratio...
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    But isn't the Punto a far heavier car? IMO the short gearing is only in gears 1 and 2, and we know why that is: fuel efficiency. What you probably are feeling is the lack of a sixth, 'overdrive' gear? Cannot argue with that
  5. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    First of all I request all Punto owners to stop talking that Punto is a heavy car. Its a myth. The fact is Punto is just around 60 to 70 kg heavier than Swift and infact 60 to 80 kgs lighter than I20 and Indica Vista. At 100 kmph engine RPM is at 2500 in Punto and at the same speed engine RPM in Swift is around 2200 only. The engine feels stressed at around 120 kmph in Punto due to its higher RPM of around 3000 at this speed and I can see the Swifts and Ritz overtaking me with ease when Puntos engine already feels strained. Now, is it not a short gear ratio in Punto which is spoiling all the fun in highways? Am I missing something?
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    From my observation Punto 75 HP feels stressed / strained over 150 kmph. It feels very eager and relaxed up till 145 kmph. On the other hand, 90 HP feels strained after 160 kmph.
    1 person likes this.
  7. PersianPrince

PersianPrince Novizio

Kangra
    Why there is discussion on speed and stressed of punto and is going on?
  8. PersianPrince

PersianPrince Novizio

Kangra
    I think in India its not safe to drive above 100km/hr because in India nobody follows the rules on road and If i am not wrong punto is good enough to drive up to 100km/hr.
    3 people like this.
  9. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are right prince..... On my recent 4k trip.... I found driving between 90 - 110 KM / Hrs. is more relaxed and stress-less. I tried driving above 120 but failed to keep up the speed for a longer run and driving become more stress-full.
    3 people like this.
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Yes you are right,this thing didnt came in my mind,cant they give it below or above key slot?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.