1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo or Elite i20?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by PersianPrince, Aug 25, 2014.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That's the reason its just a few people like us are buying the Fiats. Its not how much enthusiasts can get mileage out of MJD. Its how common people think of the car that makes or breaks it. What the heck even Fiat advertises 20.5 Kmpl for the 90 HP MJD ? What's stopping FIAT from doing that. Any way its just 1000 odd Fiat lovers like you and me are buying the cars. At the least Fiat can keep these loyals happier by providing snappier cars. Else few years down the line we all will be in the a position where we are selling our beloved cars @ scrap value. Not because Fiat makes bad cars but because dealers are not able to sustain selling so low numbers and not able to make profits. That what happening in North eastern states. If this continues we will be telling our grand children .... That we are the selected few who got to own a Fiat in India. Fiat needs to do better and I want to enjoy this motoring nirvana for years to come rather than worrying about the future of Fiat in India every month looking @ the low numbers.
    bharath and Ganges like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No mate, the car makers also displaying mileage like two wheelers . Recently my relative bought Hyundai Xcent which delivers 26 kmpl, now that has to deliver the same. When they been for a 500km drive , they got mileage of 14 kmpl.So that's how (*) conditions are always important to read for the given conditions of drive.if Fiat says 20.5 kmpl it will deliver with full load as well. Fiat shows the mileage for worst case scenario as well.Now we know how we get 26.3 kmpl on MJD on FIAT cars.
    If you can get 32.2 kmpl on CIAZ that's something above MJD.
    All ends with Marketing Strategy.

Coming to Elite i20 , it looks bigger and can't even imagine like a hatchback.
    shreyasK likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Except that a lack of low-gear snappiness has little to the point of nothing to do with Fiat's low sales numers. Proof? the new Linea T-jet sells, what?, 100 a month, which makes you wonder since there is no other 'snappier' all-round car below 14-15 lakhs.

I am not arguing, what you say is right, it's just that there's a price to pay in this marketplace for weight/heft of build and the fetish for fuel efficiency from a small turbo-ed engine: it has less to do with ecu mapping or gearbox than we imagine, imo.
  4. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    Persian Prince : I am not sure if you've already picked up a car. I have logged in after sometime. I own a Fiat Punto 1.4 Petrol emotion today and I too am looking to upgrade. I've been through all the cars in the league (Verna to City to Even the Terrano). There is no car that give more value for money (features, safety, etc.) as does the Punto Evo or the Linea Tjet. The only other car that blew me away on ONE aspect (rear legroom) was the Honda City. Nothing else came close to what the Line Tjet has on offer in every way and this is variant to variant comparo. I've had a Palio before and an 800 before that, my first car was a 1957 Fiat 1100 E (passed on to me by my grandfather), my palio has some really nasty (believe me nasty) knocks on the highway - I am here fit and fine which surprised people considering the amount of beating the palio took. Yes, you will find the i20 spacious, better finished - TD it go on the highway and make a turn on a ghat section at 80 and watch how these sway from the road. If you are every overataken by two volvos, watch how these car rattle and then notice how nothing happens to a Fiat !

All the Best with your choice, you'll enjoy whatever you choose - these are just our opinions.

The EVO top end or one lower ver. in Gold is out of this world (petrol or diesel).

Lastly, my next car is also final Linea Tjet Dynamic Hip Hop Black ;)
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    5u3zEr0, bharath, Murphy_Fiat and 3 others like this.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Test drive both and take a call, also consider the running costs and long term maintenance cost.

BTW this is my second Fiat and crossed 45K, 4th year of ownership. I am very happy to be a FIAT Customer
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I'm sure every one who feels all fiats are a little sluggish are talking about stop-go acceleration! Well what about mid-range? what about accelarating ability in 3rd gear while moving? Why are we not talking about these since this is what we are going to experience, Not Drag Racing with 0-100 timings!!! About driving quick on our broken rough roads, lets talk about what we're gonna drive and experince. No one's gonna do drag racing every day, and if signal holiganism is all what we care about then we should never talk about changing gears till atleast 4k RPM and I can assure you, with that kinda low gear driving, any Fiat will overtake any car since most engines are't very free revving.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Oh BTW if we are taking about racing, why only Drag, Why not Hill-Climb races & Down-hill races. How many hatches will win & perform best at going up a hill & down a hill? :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. jet

jet Timido

bangalore
    i think they copied most of the design elements from Citroen DS5 for new i20
    and old i20 is copy of Vauxhall corsa :banghead:
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The hilarious thing is the Hyundai PR machine is spreading word about how it was styled in Europe, by Europeans.

Which should be obvious as an oxymoron: how can a Korean car be European? Maybe the i20 Elite is like a multiply pirated DVD of a Korean pop band concert, originally from Korea, via Europe, again via Korea and finally to India. The i20 Pirate rather than Elite? I could swear those tail lamps are stolen from Alfa Romeo, for eg. ;-)

And, further, if I want Euro character to my car, is it not obvious I should just buy a European car straight-up?

If this naive reasoning has any credibility, the answer's pretty obvious: buy the Fiat Punto Evo!

All-European, but with Indian vfm. As the Mumbai argot has it: proper 'paisa vassool' IMO!;-)
    5u3zEr0 and bharath like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    To add to your point, even the AD of i20 is as well fully european themed with all hi-fi stunts. Basically they should have had some korean arts but you know what, indians drool for western stuffs than eastern.
    prabhjot likes this.