1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo or Elite i20?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by PersianPrince, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    My last post on this off-topic.
    Yes, I find Hyundai Customer support better. I see numerous Hyundai dealers/service centers around me. On the contrary, I find no Fiat dealers/service centers in the state that I reside in despite having bought my vehicle here. To me, that clearly makes a Hyundai product more reliable than a Fiat one here in Assam.

Of course, things might be different in other states. As mentioned in my earlier post, it seems to me that Fiat metes out preferential treatment towards customers on the basis of location. I find this unacceptable and condemnable.

Lastly, my criticism isn't based on my bad experiences alone. I am basing my criticism on the hardships of other Fiat owners from my state, of whom there are innumerable, but are not active members of forums such as this. In case someone from Assam visits this thread in his quest for a new car, it is important that he is made aware of the current situation here.

Over and out. No further posts on this thread from my side.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    bharath likes this.
  2. thanujj

thanujj Timido

Did around 25 kms n both cars last week.

+ new car so no model change for 5 years
    + electronic power steering
    + turning radius, easy to drive in city.

-ve: no acceleration
    - no build quality=
    - ground clearance
    - suspension
    - beige interior

Only prob with punto is turning radius, hydraulic steering and service. Build quality and high speed stability is far better than Chevorlet Cruze
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Just curious what's the problem with hydraulic power steering?
    Its one of the best in market, Its pure joy for anyone who loves to drive
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    zenwalker likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The hydraulic steering being heavier than the EPS is what some people do not prefer at the city speeds. This is where the cars with EPS scores over the hydraulic ones.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Well, I would not like to call the hydraulic steering as a problem. If not preferred, it can be a negative reason. Again, this is completely subjective.
    himanshu4886 likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

I love HPS over EPS (driven Swift and Boat alot in City) and i love the precise feedback it gives back though i have to put a bit of effort than over EPS, still i can turn with 1-2 fingers on steering ;)
    As ramjn said, its very subjective.
    himanshu4886 likes this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    A little confusion is there.

Did you drive a pre 2012 PUNTO?Pre 2012 PUNTO had a turning radius of 5.4m.

From MY2012 PUNTO has a turning radius of 5 m.

There is no mention of turning radius in the ELITE i20 brocheure but the
    turning radius of the 2nd gen i20 is 5.2m.
    Did HYUNDAI reduce it in Elite version?Else the small turing radius feeling is due to the super light steering of the ELITE i20.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Without a doubt, the Punto if you are going to drive and like to drive. The Punto is much more safer and the interiors are nicer now, which I noticed when I took a test drive a couple of weeks back. It also is a looker!

Let me also add I am biased, I have never owned a Hyundai and never intend to, their new cars are all flashy but with no substance, so is the i20.
    prabhjot, bharath and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Saw a Elite, asta on road, the ground clearance reminds me A-Star. May be they have raised flooring too.
    This is my observation as I saw elite from back.
    If Hyundai has raised the flooring height then there must be a big riding discomfort in elite.
    Please check that too.
  10. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Mr. King go for Punto EVO. Punto is better as compare to new I20. I have drive it last Saturday and must say that they have improved many things but still a leg behind when it comes to Punto. So no second thought go and buy Punto.

Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX ( The Holy Machine)
    RE Classic 350 (My daily Ride)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.