1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo or Elite i20?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by PersianPrince, Aug 25, 2014.

1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I checked out both the cars in a adv in Mall on sunday, just for the looks, no TD.

IMO, it is one of worst looking car from front and side, rear is good due the lights lay out. The front grill is a turn off and like of flat faced. The black plastic on C pillar has high possibility of fade out like we have seen on Punto washer jet area. A glass treatment would have been best. I found the car disproportionate.

Step inside, the quality is impressive from Hyundai with all bells and whistles. Steering was nice to hold. The seat was comfortable too. but IMO the dashboard layout is boring.

The Punto evo was just little distance from it with GG color. It will really stand out from the crowd on road like before.

The all black interior impressed me better with all soft touch plastics. I find it better than new linea. The soft opening of coin holder on right or glove box adds the premium. The plastic quality has been improved and is in same league as I 20. The dashboard looked contemporary unlike I 20 may be due to all black treatment.

only sore points are chrome treatment of the rear fog lights. On lighter colors, it does not work. Darker color, it might be passable. The rear lights are killer and better than any other cars in class.

Though looks are subjective, Punto holds it ground in the segment head and shoulder above rest.

Drive : yet to test that
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

You buy i20 ,everyone will be contented but you will not be 100% satisfied and this further gets enhances everytime you happen to see a EVO crossing you on the road.You buy Evo,you will be thoroughly satisfied with its elite characteristics and others will join with you quickly.If you are the DRIVER ,a soul car is the way to go:cool:.

Everyone time, you see a Fiat on the road brings you a big smile which is priceless :).I am sure ,you will get bored with the amount of i20 that is about to pour on the roads.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    You can love or hate punto. But you cant ignore. Are you looking for the lower variant only.
    nkrishnap likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I see you have already made up your heart :)

Bring the Evo home and enjoy the FIAT Experience.
    jackharrisw, Aniket and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Zen, I have driven the Elite I20 in city, Hyundai changed the suspension in new I20, so the drive is better now, engine is responsive in 2nd gear same as I10 grand, not like IGen I20 I test drove, side profile with rear looks good, looks like big car feeling. Rear AC also added. I have driven it over potholes, hump to see the response, new I20 isn't bad as earlier, it is providing good feedback, Steering is same lifeless as earlier. I liked the way it gave driving response, Hyundai listen its big drawback and worked certain extent like new Verna with stiff suspension.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

7. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

So based on what I read here, on the mechanical side, if suspension is corrected from Hyundai, the other main drawback will be the steering, and I understand that that issue still exists.

how about the mileage comparison between the i20 elite and Punto Evo? Any comments on that?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That means the engine is same alike of Hyundai Xcent ? When i drove this Hyundai Xcent liked the engine response,but im spoiled by FIAT.
    The car is not stable on highway.In punto atleast we know where it pulls either left or right which is confirmed.In hyundai its unpredictable.
    Not at all match to punto.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    This one is responsive in 2nd gear than earlier I gen I20, I test drove same path for all 3 ( Igen I20, I10 Grand, and Elite I20). I stalled Igen I20 in 2nd gear 4 times, while no stalling in I10 Grand & Elite I20, so the response is very good in 2nd gear, I didn't use 1st gear for I10 or Elite where I had to change 1st gear for Igen I20 in the same route multiple times. Suspension is way better than Igen I20. Bad is the Steering feel-same. Good to see that Hyundai is making progress in Ride & handling part too- it is not bad as earlier.
    Ganges likes this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

FIAT should really bag some top honchos from Hyundai if not from MS.