1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo or Elite i20?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by PersianPrince, Aug 25, 2014.

1. PersianPrince

PersianPrince Novizio

Kangra
    @Bala. Safety is more valuable for every person and same goes here as well. That's what i wanted to know. So Elite doesn't stand in these terms in front of Punto.
    puneet mehra likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Honestly the i20 will save too, but Punto is much better in terms of safety. Although, a well built car like Polo too had fatality at extreme speeds. Then again some political personality was killed at lower speed in a freak accident. So yes Fiats are better but there is nothing like 100% safety in what we are looking at. Fiat will absorb much more and crumple better from user safety aspects, design wise and manufacturing wise both.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I still remember the picture of a new Linea on which a lorry full of gravel had fallen and still the occupents walked out scratch less,certainly would not happen with many cars in the market,you can personally see the thickness of the sheet metal used in building Fiat cars.
    jaiswal_av likes this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I would just like to tell that take both the cars on the same stretch of roads at same speed on curves, potholes.
    You will hear the answer right from your HEART........
    Aniket likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Has anybody here done TD of i20 new?
  6. PersianPrince

PersianPrince Novizio

Kangra
    @asimpleson, Thanks for the reply, I agree with you. No car can offer 100% safety.

As i live in Himachal Pradesh and as per the roads here the Build quality and safety is the top most priority.
    and as per these terms fiat Punto is better then other hatchbacks.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I completely agree with you persian prince
    PersianPrince likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Since you are from Himachal Pradesh, please do check your local FASS service center and reviews etc. Alternatively, find your own expert mechanics and parts suppliers. 99rpm.com sells original Fiat and Tata parts all over India.

Technically all modern cars have idiosyncratic issues, so a proper study on forum on a regular basis will also help you from running pillar to post for service and spares, especially since Fiats run much more reliably than other cars especially if undue fingering and tinkering can be avoided by untrained mechanics or electricians. Building some good rapport with local Fiat owners and service guys will ensure a trouble free experience, moreso in your case.
  9. I would any day recommend the Punto.
    I have also read recently that this avatar of i20 has improved upon its ride and handling dept unlike previous upgrades. So unless you test drive you will not able to appreciate or otherwise how does it compare to the previous edition, and more importantly with respect to Punto in the same dept. Saying this because, if you have slightest eye on any other car (not just i20) foremost thing will be to test it the way you like to (be patient in this regard) and try to ask and convince yourself (or rather your heart) which gives you the feeling of I have made the RIGHT choice FOR ME.
    Good luck
    Do post your updates
  10. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    like many have said here, test drive both first. then do the math of value for money between the two.

I haven't driven either cars, but before I bought my Punto, i20 was the closest contender to me. The key logical points (keeping aside my flair for being a fiat fan) that made me swing to Punto are

- the ride quality - i20 was very agile in reacting to your throttle like that of a petrol car, but its suspension also passed on the thuds from the road into the cabin. Punto did a much better job in this area
    - the steering precision - the version of i20 that I drove had a electronic power steering and it felt too light. though I took a test drive within the city, I could easily guess, it couldn't come close to the feedback and precision that Punto gave me.
    - build quality - I felt that the punto was built to last longer than the i20, and it is proving the same for me now ! 78k kms in 3.5 yrs and going strong !
    - the last - value for money. The top ends for both were almost a lac apart at time, and I wasn't prepared for shedding more money for nothing extra. The only thing that I had to compromise was a little in the interior quality comparing both vehicles at that time, but I believe some of those pitfalls are already corrected in Punto Evo now.