1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo or Elite i20?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by PersianPrince, Aug 25, 2014.

1. arzala

arzala Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 for Punto Evo IF you are ready to compromise with dealership and service center experience in your town/area. Fiat cars are like Tata cars where you will have "Love me and Hate me" feeling like at same time.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hell nooo. if avventura came with Tjet, then it would ve been fine, but this is a no brainer, in all senses.. you ll be losing a lot of money and a wonderful car as well !!
  3. tejas1982

tejas1982 Timido

Eyes closed Go for punto evo , certainly best in the league.
    Fiats do have an uncanny act of making the most beautiful cars on this earth . Trust me GP is still a head turner .
  4. Prajay Madhavan

Prajay Madhavan Timido

Linea T-Jet
    I owned an i20 CRDI for about 5 years. Now sold that and bought a linea T-Jet last month. Although I should not compare a hatch back with a sedan, but considering that the weight and wheelbase are similar, I think this is fair.
    I would never ever go back to a Hyundai car given the handling of fiats. It remains really stable at high speeds and at corners it never rolls out of control.. Very very safe feeling..
    Go for the Punto Evo eyes closed, heart open...
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 26, 2014 ---
    I would highly recommend to not have a touch screen system in the car as it is very distracting and not very easy to use for the driver.
    The mechanical key positions can be easily memorised and this enables you to have more eyes on the road.. Drive safe....
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @PersianPrince Since your brother will be driving the car, itshould be his decision. I for one would not like to convince him away from his choice as he will be living with the same for another say 4 to 5 years. Ask him to TD both the cars, then let him pick the one he wants to and is comfortable with.
  6. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Persian Prince, I bought linea mulijet emotion In April this year and had done 8k so far.I had Vista( 90k in 4.5 yrs) and second hand Zen( 40k in 2.5 yrs). For me the moment I sit in my linea , I feel I am sitting inside the safest place in the world. Punto evo had come a long way in terms of aesthetics inside the cabin compared to earlier models.Hyundai can always give you more gadagetry but not substance. Its because of peer pressure and negative sentiment people are forces not to consider Fiat. Honestly look around the cars running in India today and you will see lots and lots of Padmini in great shape.
    What more conviction one need other than this.
    Go for 90 bhp version or Aventuraa and have fun driving those winding and beautiful roads of the Himalayan kingdom.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    aramico and Raj_pol like this.
  7. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

I am not sure if the thread is open or not, but recently read that Hyundai Australia division has declined to take Indian made 'elite i20' as they feel it will achieve a maximum of 3 star rating in austrlian NCAP. They have instead decided they will import Turkey made i20s. For the previous version, Indian made i20 was sold in Australia, so it seems they are aware of certain cost cuttings done in the new i20 vis-a-vis last gen i20 & also the European made i20.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    amitshedha likes this.
  9. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

The Elite i20 has been/might be declined to be imported from India to Australia mainly due to the absence of six airbags on the Indian version of the Elite. The previous generation i20 had six airbags on the top-end variant which continues to be exported to Aus. I doubt the rejection would have anything to do with compromise on the structural strength or build quality.
    Between the Punto and i20 that we own, the i20 has gone thru' more abuse on rural roads. The cabin components are intact, no rattling whatsoever. Whereas the Grande has joint pains from dashboard, B pillar, C pillar, boot door,etc.

Driving the Punto is such a charm, that's a different story altogether.
    dadasaheb and kedarbendre like this.
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I think structural changes are not possible if the same plant and lines are used for export and domestic both markets. e.g. Ford - Ecosport
    there can be difference in features and number of airbags used or not used at all.
    unlike maruti whose plants are mainly used for domestic purposes only, may be suzuki cars in europe market are not manufactured in India.