1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo or Elite i20?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by PersianPrince, Aug 25, 2014.

1. shreyasK

shreyasK Timido

pune
    PersianPrince... Have you already made your decision and bought your car... Please reply
  2. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Punto vs Elite :

Go for Punto if :
    1. You drive the car yourself most of the time.
    2. You drive about 50-100kms a day.
    3. Highways
    4. admire the beauty within. i20 is more Stylish but look bulky, classy, not Sporty as Punto
    5. Hardworking - Power Steering, Clutch & Gearshifts are Sporty ( Hard ) in Punto.
    6. If you drive on more staright roads & no zig zag driving ( lower end performance of CRDi is much better than MJD.
    7. Punto is the car to boost the confidence in life as well, the more you drive the more you feel rich, confident.
    8. i20 is for Formal party car, whereas Punto wakes up good hearted evil inside you. Hungry for more power.

Punto list is long, if all above is not priority, go for i20 Elite.
    Mabams1826, ccprakash and pdash like this.
  3. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Who will go for I20 after reading above post:)
  4. jay raman

jay raman Timido

new delhi
    new delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    hello Fiatians,
    I am damn confused between the GP 1.2 fire or i-gen i20, price varies 20-30k between both cars.

please help me i m done with the booking of punto already now confused about i20 :(.

please make me clear about the under-power issue of 1.2.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1.2 liter engine is in both Punto and i20, though not very powerful, sufficient power is there to drive.
    For other details, this thread has all the information.
    In doubt, do test drive again both cars and buy which you like more.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Yes, the 1.2 fire is pretty driveable and perky enough in urban traffic, better than the 1.4 fire even maybe. Most of your driving will be in the city I am presuming, so don't let the engine capacity deter you. Not that it does not easily hold high open-road speeds, but i guess it's meant more as a city engine, and is a good one at that. TD it again, as Ravi rightly suggests, if in doubt..
  7. jugmohan

jugmohan Timido

new delhi
    vikas puri
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    in case of ride quality and driving pleasure on highways and hill areas or bad roads no comparison with i20, punto leaves i20 back by miles, actually it leaves all of these way back city, verna too. i own a verna, a punto, honda city and 120 old version and love to drive punto only and now selling my city VAT and going for avventura now. Any one interested to buy city VAT pls contact 9818693985
    Dilip patel and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    hi there!

I do agree, there's no question about what you're saying! I too find the Avventura to be terrific, except that unfortunately I have a brand new Linea t-jet rather than a city or verna to trade-in. Not much chance of an Avventura for me or mine, then! Please be sure to keep us posted on your Avventura acquisition process, will you?

cheers
    GirishRaghu likes this.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on your Avventura Sir. @prabhjot am also in same dilemma do i want to trade in my T-jet with avventura :/
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No way @Murphy_Fiat, but you can always buy the Avventura as well ;)
    prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.