1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo or Elite i20?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by PersianPrince, Aug 25, 2014.

1. PersianPrince

PersianPrince Novizio

Kangra
    Few days ago me and my younger brother visited fiat showroom and took TD of Fiat Punto Evo Active. I must say this car looks stunning and also the ride quality is no match. But few things that i don't like from inside is Fabric finishing in the dashboard and less space for 2 din 7inch touch screen Head unit.

Then we visited Hyundai showroom which was adjacent to the Fiat showroom. Many people were gathered there checking new Elite i20. I can say this is the first Hyundai car which i really liked alot. Front of the car is ok but back looks like Audi cars. Even it is longer then the fellow cars in this segment. From minside car was giving premium look. But we couldn't take the TD because of the unavailability of TD Car so i don't know about the ride quality.

Now my brother is insisting me to buy Elite i20 but i am a big fan of Punto for its looks and ride quality and now couldn't decide which car i should buy. I would appreciate if you guys could help me to decide which car is better to choose.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Firstly, take a TD of the i20 so that you can objectively compare both the cars.

I haven't had a chance to try the new i20 so can't really comment on it. But I have driven the Evo and it improves on the Punto in many areas which it was criticized for, fairly or unfairly. Being a FIAT forum, the replies you may see here will probably sound biased. But once you own a FIAT you don't look back :)
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dilip patel likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A TD will put all your doubts to rest. Both cars are good, but Punto is unique in it's segment. Please don't ask how, all the answers are there on the forum. It will only raise further doubts and controversies to guest readers on this forum.

The biggest reason for Punto however IMHO is that you get more for what you pay, in terms of applied technology and design and sheet metals etc.
  5. PersianPrince

PersianPrince Novizio

Kangra
    @gurjinder: Thanks for the reply. I have driven old i20 and i didn't liked the ride quality even the build quality was not so good. I haven't driven the new elite i20 but as mechanically there is no change under the hood so the ride quality must be same as the old one.

@amogh : Thanks for the reply. I think his reason behind elite i20 is the looks and the cabin space.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    Dilip patel likes this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Old I 20 can not hold ground with Punto in terms of ride and handling.
    Td the new I20 and decide.
    Usually heart would always say a Fiat car, this time both the heart and head says I20, certainly more spacious,luxurious and well finished.
  7. PersianPrince

PersianPrince Novizio

Kangra
    @Bala: Thanks for the reply. Have you taken the TD of new i20? I agree with you on space and luxuriousness terms but uncertain about the build and ride quality.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Build and ride quality can not match a Fiat car.
    I will tell from my experience,my Linea saved us in two accidents,I can not even think what would have happened with another car.
    So, personally safety and build quality is more valuable to me than luxury,so think 10 times.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Here is an analogy for you to think. No offense to i20 or it's owners.
    Would you buy 10 grams of less fancy looking yet more elegant looking pure gold or 15grams worth lesser carat gold that glitters more..?
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The best way one can decide is to do an extensive test drive of both cars and then check which suits your requirements the most. Having said that, the 2 cars are poles apart in personality. So go out and test drive them and then take a call.