1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo Limited Edition Sportivo

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Murphy_Fiat, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat is rumoured to be readying a limited edition variant of the Punto Evo for launch. This new variant is expected to be based on the Active trim level and will be called the Sportivo.

The Sportivo will come with cosmetic enhancements to the exteriors. These include a body kit, 15-inch alloy wheels, white roof, Sportivo decals, a rear spoiler and chrome inserts on the door mirrors.

On the inside, the Sportivo will get door sill plates, seat covers and floor mats with Fiat branding. The vehicle is also expected to be equipped with features such as a 6.5-inch touchscreen Infotainment system with Bluetooth streaming, GPS with 3D Navigation, and reverse parking sensors.

With the Sportivo, Fiat will hope to increase the number of footfalls in its dealerships during the festive season.

Source : Team-Bhp
  2. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Guys,

Cant stop my excitement.....at this news!!!

Rumor is Fiat would launch Puto Evo Sportivo, with all bells and whistles.(Web sources_)

....a body kit, 15-inch alloy wheels, white roof, Sportivo decals, a rear spoiler and chrome inserts on the door mirrors.

On the inside, the Sportivo will get door sill plates, seat covers and floor mats with Fiat branding. The vehicle is also expected to be equipped with features such as a 6.5-inch touchscreen Infotainment system with Bluetooth streaming, GPS with 3D Navigation, and reverse parking sensors.........

Source:
    TeamBHP:
    DriveSpark:
    MotorOctane:

Punto is such a sporty vehicle and these add on would make it a great choice for potential customers.

And this comes right after Abarth launch which will pull all the enthusiasts for TD / showroom and having new products (Like Sportivo, Avvy powered Abarth..) is a good marketing strategy, guess this should improve sales number.

Read more at:
    http://www.team-bhp.com/news/rumour-fiat-readying-punto-evo-active-sportivo-launch

http://motoroctane.com/news/20853-fiat-punto-evo-sportivo-coming-soon

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheelers/2015/fiat-punto-evo-sportivo-india-launch-soon-012247.html

Mods: May Pl move to appropriate thread/already post available, I just wanted to share this great news.

cheers....
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. itsvikrams

itsvikrams Novizio

chennai
    Why only in active variant.. Give it across all variant.. This will definitely improve the sales
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    It is definitely a good move by Fiat. It only misses on ABS (for 1.3) when compared to dynamic variant, but has the extra goodies like the infotainment system (dynamic comes with the basic ICE), 15 inch alloys(Dynamic comes with 14 inch steel wheels, so a big upgrade), parking sensors, rear spoiler (only present in emotion variants), door sil plates, seat covers(even emotion variant doesnt come with seat cover and door sil plates), body decals and white roof top.

I guess some similar treatment should be done to the emotion and 90 HP trims as well, like Fiat Linea Elegance for a little premium. Something like side skirts, infotainment system (with BT streaming), black/white roof, leather seat cover and chrome exhaust. Similar to the Elegance trim, they can reduce some chrome usage as well to make it look more sporty.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Whats the point in bringing out this variant if it does not have the basic ABS as safety equipment assuming that since ABS is un available only in Active variant?? I guess this limited edition is only in Red colour, again logic is unknown.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    While I am with you, that ABS should have been included, I guess Fiat has understood that we people dont value safety as much as the gizmos and looks. Even though they have missed on ABS, they have given a lot of more stuff that even Emotion variant doesnt come loaded with, let alone the dynamic variant. I wish that ABS could have been given as optional, but then I guess the sticker price would have come in close vicinity of the Emotion variant which could have lead to cannibalization.

I also feel that Red is the only color, but Punto in red for decals is proper drool-worthy I guess :) , something like Swift (for the players edition?).
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Probably lot of Red Active variant lying in stock. Just a guess, else no logic.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Exactly my point. How would a 6.5in screen be beneficial in case of emergency or for that matter GPS?

Black roofing gives the actual drool worthy factor for the Red Punto. White roof? Its yucky. Add to that a host of decals. I gues Fiat has taken a cue from the Korean manufacturers to add stickers to increase sales. for once i don't want to complain.
    prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  9. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    This strategy is awesome
    It gives the impression that fiat is giving more bells and whistles.
    and also the impression that fiat is on the top of the news by introducing something here and there.

BTW you cannot put the HU in the dynamic and emotion variant coz the HU would have aux and usb hanging out in LInea Elegante and would conflict with blu&me
  10. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Perhaps they wanted to clearout Non ABS varients asap. I'm assuming they would go in Baleno way soon or later by providing all basic safety features in every varient.