1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo Emotion MJD or VW Polo TDI Comfortline? - Booked EVO 90 HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sapam, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Sapam Congratulations on your ride. Drive safe :)
  2. shekar

shekar Timido

Hyderabad
    @Sapam Congratulations on this new car. I hope you had a chance to get it on the highway for long stretches. Punto is the most stable car and the most fun to drive on highway. The engine becomes unbelievably smooth and becomes a different beast when it comes to power delivery. So let us know your thoughts on the ling drive. Enjoy!
  3. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @shekar the long trip I made was up to Nandi Hills before the New Year, post new year I haven't taken a long ride. I am planning to go for a day trip to Yelagiri or Shivanasamudra. I'll be going with family. And recommendation for a day Trip with good road and nice location to hangout with family near Bangalore maybe around 150 km (<200km)
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. shekar

shekar Timido

Hyderabad
    I did a Bangalore - Bandipur - Wayanad- Bangalore trip. The route is a longer but i think you would enjoy the forest drives. Its insanely beautiful. But its around 230 kms or something.
    I have been to yelagiri. Its an ok drive and ghat section is not too huge. There are a couple of hairpins thats all. I did that in April so the weather was also not that great. May be it will be really nice now.
    kgramesh likes this.
  6. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @shekar
    I'll keep this route in my bucket list.

@punto_emotion I'll also check Coorg when I get few days holidays.

As of now I am looking out for a day Trips.
    I have been to Nandi Hills, Gangachukki (Shivanasamudra), Talakadu Kaveri Bank so far.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Shrijit

Shrijit Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Sapam , check out Devarayanadurga (near tumkur). Its not as crowded as Nandi Hills and has much better view. Should be max 90 kms. There is a temple and you can trek to hill top (30 mins easy trek).
  9. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys .. i have punto 75hp 2012 model .. and we push the car upto 160km/h on hyd ORR.

I feel the power is not handled properly in VW polo/vento.When accelerate the sudden push happened after turbo pump in.Where in fiat its smooth not even know when the turbo kicks in...

Punto/Linea are best in 4th and 5th gear .
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  10. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    I also have Punto MJD 2012. Have you ever felt engine roughness and loud noise while driving your car? If yes at what speed range?
    Mine roars like a tractor at 90-100. It is not a smooth running car.