1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo Emotion MJD or VW Polo TDI Comfortline? - Booked EVO 90 HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sapam, Nov 25, 2014.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did the same planning of taking delivery of my car on 1st jan. Car was lying in stockyard for 20 days.

Finally it went to 3rd jan as 1st was holiday in rto here.

Some time we should respect to elder's thought.
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes @pdash totally agree where I have been waiting from two months let's wait for 7 more days.:)
    rishike007 likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh

As you would've made out on TFi, Fiat fans and owners (it is hard to not be both at the same time) are knowledgeable, vigilant, vocal and frank. When a Fiat owner says 'pulling left' he means 'slightly, let me get the alignment checked and adjusted at FASS or outside, and he shares his experience here and elsewhere. The average Suzuki or Hyundai or Tata or Honda owner, on the other hand....Fiats have a lakh times more (mis)information about them in the public domain than say Hyundai or Honda. Don't let that surfeit of information, analysis and discussion prevent you from relishing your Evo! ;)

A Swift can easily kill you, quite literally, a Honda WILL fleece you, a Hyundai WILL delude you.

With all the first-hand knowledgeable and honest information available on Fiat...you will get what you bargained for: a safe, sturdy, jazzy, 'sexy', reliable, powerful, durable...feelsome yet inexpensive car.

You will NOT get perfection. However, I'll be damned if you find that perfection anywhere else in the marketplace either, at any price. At these sorts of prices: a Fiat is as close as you'll get, IMO (my family and I currently own 3 Fiats, one brand new t-jet included.)

all the best. Do a thorough PDI, and you're set!:)
  4. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Regarding the pulling to left. Psychologically, some time i fell its doing the same ( have been reading a lot of pulling left issue ) but since driving some 100 km I think its the combination of the Roads being tilted to left plus the pure raw feedback that the hydraulics power steering gives, seems to be the cause. I once a while went slow in the section of road that is tilted to right and I can sense a bit of pull to Right. So, I think its perfectly normal, its just that the feedback is more and its very very slightly there at slow speed. At high speed its pure fun :)

So, my initial thought based on my experience is, as long as the pull is not strong enough at all speed, the car is behaving normally.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2014 ---
    Took the delivery of the car on Wednesday 24 Dec evening. Did the Puja on next day Morning.
    Run the car for one day without Registration number on 25th December. Was a bit nervous because of that.
    Got the registration no Today.

IMG_2175.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2014 ---
    I have a small observation based on my 2 days driving experience with the mini rocket.

Gear 1: good for getting the car moving and crawling up steep slopes/Ramp. Also good to run over the multiple pipes speed breakers.

Gear 2: effective @1k-2k rpm
    and good for going over most of the speed breakers except the Made in India Suspension breakers. For that there is Gear 1.

Gear 3: effective @1.5k-2k+ rpm

Gear 4: effective @1.5k-2k+ rpm

Gear 5: effective @1.5k-2k+ rpm

The one thing I noticed is that at any gear except gear 1 & 2, below 1.5k rpm is no fun and weak. But if I maintain 1.5k+ rpm for gear 3,4,5 the car respond very well, rather exceptionally well and feel like a mini rocket.

Tonight, I have taken her to Old madras highway to stretch her out. And it was fun, and was a short stint. Will do a day drive soon and will take her for longer drive where she belongs.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Sapam

Personally not a fan of either gods or religions or rituals, but have to say this much: your car looks 'bad', kind of alpha-male, in this colour, in these well-composed and framed photos!

Say hi to your kid (in the photograph), he must be excited about the Punto Evo?

cheers

PS: I agree man, the car feels like it pulls left when it is actually just the accuracy of the hydraulic steering-feel following the slant of the road (most roads are cambered left, isn't it?). There may still be alignment issues in some cars though, I don't know. None of our family's Fiats have any 'pulling' issue, my new Linea t-jet doesn't. Wheel balancing and alignment is a regular advisable service and maintainence practice, i guess, though? Have been negligent about this in the past.
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Sapam mine is too same colour feeling excited .
  7. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aviral All the best for your new Car. The colour looks great with the Punto Design and the Chromes. Was a bit worried initially looking at the Greys of other Cars. But, on Punto it is exceptionally elegant.

I got the Chrome Silencer Pipe extension as on additional accessories and it look great with other chromes design at the rear. Will post pics of it tomorrow.

I didn't went for the reverse parking sensor. I think its manageable without it as I have been driving since many many years. Plus i don't want to get holes punched on the beautiful bumpers.

I got the Door Sil but am not quite impressed with it. It didn't have the Punto Written on it and its quite Plain Jane feel.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Sapam the car looks awesome in that colour I am so proud that I too opted for same colour ,its not either too flashy nor too dull,and those tires they look so beefy in the first pic,I have test driven 90 HP, but that day was in a hurry so didn't had a proper look but surely that car talks serious business I think it's really manly. About the door sill and exhaust tip ,I talked to SA, but he straight away said that they don't sell accessories, but at least for now I will get a chrome silencer extension from e bay, I saw one just Rs-400 , and was looking awesome.

And yes you mentioned it right I also think there is no such need of parking sensors or camera, it's manageable most of the times.

And yes door sills,I am looking for good ones over internet.but it will be a little late addition.and yes as of now I will just add a speaker cum amplifier(both built in one),I discussed it over a thread here,but I completely forgot the name ,it was some 8 series will add that if there is no cutting of wires,and off course the tints .

And did you go for seat covers from outside or you got it free from the dealer,just wanted to know because the SA showed me the car cover which they will give free, it was very light in colour and will not at all match the interiors of 90hp, so will look for dark ones from outside, if he didn't provide a dark shade.
  9. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aviral singh , I still haven't decided yet on the seat cover. I'll surely be adding that sometime later. Rather am thinking of going full black leather sometime later.

I got my Chrome silencer from fiat dealer. It's the Italian made and cost me 2200 inr.

Regarding the tyre, the lower profile fat 195/55 R16, is a head turner. That's the first thing all my friend noticed and drooled over.
    prabhjot and Aviral singh like this.
  10. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I too will talk about that silencer extension cover ,will call and enquire .if its with him ,its worth to buy,total original .