1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo Emotion MJD or VW Polo TDI Comfortline? - Booked EVO 90 HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sapam, Nov 25, 2014.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Had an opportunity to drive the Polo GT (1.6 TDI). I must tell you, it is a pure drivers car, outright acceleration is thrilling. I enjoyed the drive, drove from Thiruvanamali to Bangalore. All thru the drive I was able to cruze at speeds of 140 KMPH (Krishnagiri to Electronic City) with 5 adult occupancy, similar speeds I normally do on my TJet.

That is the end of the story, apart from being a drivers car, I see lot of things that go missing in terms of features, price, servicing and maintaining the car.
    revvingengines and prabhjot like this.
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Congratulations for the right choice Buddy!!!

Wish you happy mile munching with your new ride...

Cheers... :up

Neel
  3. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I went for the PDI today morning. All seems fine and by decoding the VIN it is Oct2014.

I'll try to see if the car can be delivered on Wednesday 24thDec.

My loan request dragged the proceed for more than a week. I'll talk about it when I write about after I get the car delivered.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Also, even if the reputed/notorious higher cost of spares and service is no issue: to my eye at least the Polo, like all VW cars of this generation, have VERY dull, anodyne, thoroughly unimaginative styling, especially the dashboard. The Punto Evo and the new Linea on the other hand...has style and design character, singularity, with each's exterior design being distinct and distinctive, unlike the Polo and the Vento. Their interiors are not 'overdone' and gimmicky in their styling either, unlike say a Honda City or some of the popular Hyundai-s.
    Dr. Fixated, Tornado and Aviral singh like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Can you list down the reasons for opting the Evo over the Polo, this will greatly help all those confused souls who are on the fence deciding between a Punto and Polo. An owner's perspective always helps.

Mods: Does this thread need to be continued? The OP has booked the car.
  6. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The reason people opt for Fiat over other brands can vary over the demographic. There are cities in India where there is no Fiat Centers.

Now I'll give a very personal reason on going for Fiat over Polo.
    There were many criteria with certain prioritie for choosing a car.

Below were my Criteria with the following priority:
    1) Safety
    2) Handling and Stability
    3) Creature comfort features
    4) Good Fuel economy.
    5) Maintainance and Spares cost
    6) After Sales Service.

In terms of safety both the Punto and Polo were a equal match and best in their Class.
    When Handling and Stability was considered. Both are above others and great, but Punto had an edge over Polo. Ground clearance of Pubto was one of its ups. Also, the confidence Punto gave at Highway speed had the edge over Polo.
    Polo Scored over Punto in the Fit and Finish Department.
    Fuel economy is comparable but I have a feeling Punto giving more mileage than polo.
    Punto wins hands down when it comes to Maintainance and Spares cost.
    After Sales Service is something I can't compare at the moment.

All said, the main deciding factor for me was when I took both cars for test drive and a Fiat Punto Evo won my heart. Before that I had Polo imprinted on my Heart and Head. I took both cars on the bad roads of Whitefield in Bangalore as well as Highway. Punto Shined through all the TD.

One thing I learned in my experience is: one cannot appreciate Fiat Cars by On paper Comparision. One need to be behind the wheel to experience Fiat and value it.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Sapam From a three month old owner, Punto first servicing was some 300 bucks worth. the day VW beats that, I will renounce the world and turn a monk. :D
  8. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Sapam ,did you also face that infamous left side pulling problem as many of the owners of the punto evo are reporting ,i just wanted to know because i will also get my car in 4-5 days.so is it a big problem then?
    Tornado likes this.
  9. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Looks like the left pulling issue is more common than I thought. My 2011 punto 90HP did not have any issues until some 25kms. After which the car started pulling towards left heavily. The car had been to service centers multiple times but every time the problem is not fully solved rather the issue would not be there for some 1000kms and then again it starts to pull.
  10. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Then how come people here say that the machine is highly stable at speeds of 160km/Hr,infact if there is such issue then it should be highly unstable and risky too,correct me if I am wrong.Actually I have still 7 days time ,I can easily drop the booking,and get myself some other car.I think the self wieght of the car and. When fully loaded ,and when hit to a bump contributes to this issue,but then fiats were known for tank like quality,how can a tank go out of tracks ,?? clear.png