1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo Emotion MJD or VW Polo TDI Comfortline? - Booked EVO 90 HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sapam, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I guess the delivery will be approximately after 10 days. The car is in transit form the factory in Pune. It is not in the current stocks in the Car Yard.

So, based on the information what could me or what Manufacturing Month should I be expecting. I can check the VIN during the PDI.

The front stance of the Magnesio Grey variant reminds me of the Aston Martin.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    The chromes gets highlighted very well on the magnesio grey i felt.

Abdul
  3. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    That exactly was my first thought.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Dealer should be able to provide VIN No. before also. Ask them via email. The latest the Mfgr. date the better. Still it also depends on colour availability and overall demand supply situation of cars based on which the dealer can offer latest or bit older stock. As far as PDI is OK nothing big to worry about.
  5. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The Sales person is very cooperative. I'll be allowed the PDI before registration. As far as the stick goes. What I have been told is its not in their yard. I visited the yard twice this week. The requested color and make is in the transit lot from Pune. That's the information I have at the moment. I even talked about getting the VIN no from the transit lot. But he told me that once the cars are received they will be doing an inspection for each and every car and once the cat pass their checks then only then can confirm on the VIN from the passed lot.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I meant you could decode the VIN to find your manufacturing month about which you posted in post#41. Yes, they will need to do their inspection first before accepting the vehicle delivery. I believe there must be some transit insurance at their end also for these vehicles. As far as things are clear between you and sales guys, there is no problem, still an email serves better even maybe at a later date as will be in your case. There is always a chance like "Sorry sir, our logistics guys botched it, its not May but March, apparently there was some communication lapse." I mean these things always happen between dealers and customers. Often times two sales guys commit the same vehicle to two customers and some other customer gets lucky. Just warning you so that things go smoothly later on.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    VIJENDRA SINGH, Sapam and prabhjot like this.
  7. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson, Thanks for the Heads-Up. I'll keep a watch on the communications and will make sure the communications are transparent.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for the right choice @Sapam !
    Sapam likes this.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Special congratulations for choosing Magnesia Gray.
    Sapam likes this.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Sapam Congrats on buying your 90HP.
    I was exactly like u, a POLO fan untill FIAT launched Punto Evo. I instantly fell in love with this. I still like Polo, but somehow its all Punto now!!. especially 90HP with all black interior looks like a cockpit in ambient lighting. No doubt Polo has better outright acceleration but MJD is more refined national engine :) plan to get the 3M paint protection once u get the delivery. all the best. Do post the pics.
    prabhjot and Sapam like this.