1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Evo Emotion MJD or VW Polo TDI Comfortline? - Booked EVO 90 HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sapam, Nov 25, 2014.

1. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Finally got the Timing Chain replaced today. Great relief from lurking dangers. Garage to home 15 km journry was exciting, car was feeling much better after the change. Car is in extended warrenty so dealer has sent mail to company. I had to shell out 7000 which may be/may not be refunded. 1200 km journry is due tomorrow. Will update soon.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Timing chain is considered a paid service. Consider as a consumable item. Do check Manual for items covered in Extended warranty.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    I have checked E.W. manual. Timing Chain has not been included in exclusions. Europa Assistance, Extended Warranty providing company has demanded from me record of 2nd free service. It means it is under consideration.
  4. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats Sapam for your new possession. Fiat cars grows on you like anything. After a while, it's hard to think of any other cars. I own a Tjet which I am selling and want to go for premium hatch. I am in the same waters as you were. I am considering Punto and polo. Safety, fun to drive and (this time) resale value or how soon the car can be resold are my priorities. Polo TDi is a hot hatch with very good interior build quality (bit boring though) and having better resale (due to bad perception about fiat) then punto. If I throw resale value out of the window, then it would be Punto 90HP any day. There is a good possibility that I will sell it after 1-2 years, so resale value is in mind. I am confused, what's your suggestion?
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @amit1agrawal

I suspect you will (more than?) make up for the resale value benefit the Polo has (if any, am not sure here) via the notably lower cost of purchase (after discounts) AND lower cost of maintainence.
  6. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If the purpose of the thread is met (Booked EVO 90 HP) why keep the defunct threads live ?o_O can we please close such threads.:banghead:
  7. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Ok. On the web the price does not look to be very different. Need to check the discounts dealers are offering.
  8. Volksjager

Volksjager Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    I currently own a GT TDI, I bought it as a replacement for my punto lately. I absolutely love the car. But the bad part is maintenance and poor A.S.S but it is a brilliantly engineered car. If you are living in a place like Hyderabad or Banglore where the traffic is worse, I would say forget about the VW and buy Punto with your eyes closed. You can take my word for it. Punto's light clutch will help you a lot in bumper to bumper traffic. But VWs clutch is heavy and u have to release it very slowly or else it will jump in the traffic. I find it very tiresome in traffic and very irritating. But in open roads, boy it's damn great...you will have the fun of your lifetime. And another thing is GC. It's a lot better in punto. Overall is punto is a well built, fun, peace of mind car over VW polo. So my vote goes to punto 90HP.
    gopan, PradeepM, Aviral singh and 5 others like this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I own an Avventura & preowned Skoda Rapid AT (VAG), after driving Vento, Rapid, Linea, Avventura extensively, mefeels it is better to buy a fiat car than the VAG counterparts just because of the steering wheel perfection & suspension. AFA pick up of the 1.5 lit engine of VAG cars is concerned it can be easily matched with a Diseltronics /Racedynamics tuning box without voiding warranty & remapping.

For me only USP of VW Polo over Fiat Punto is availability of automatic transmission.

My diesel Avventura's 30,k km free servicing bill is RS 6600 while that of diesel Skoda Rapid's 15 kkm free servicing bill is RS 9000 approx.