1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT PUNTO EVO 90 HP dieselor HONDA JAZZ 1.2 VX MT petrol

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sampath28, Aug 7, 2015.

1. C_S

C_S Amatore

My suggestion would be to drive both the cars across terrains, speeds and other conditions. That will help you decide. No words can match the experience of driving and getting to know things hands on. My vote goes for the Punto EVO (diesel only). If you have time wait for the Tjet Punto.
    Look at the car as a package not just individual aspects like a 0-100 runs etc. I would suggest you to take a small scale to actually get a measure of things to get a sense of space, ground clearance etc . For ex few videos will suggest larger leg space, but what they do not suggest is how small the seats are. (Length, breadth and thickness). Also take your family for test drives so that you know how comfortable they feel in the car on those drives.
  2. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

If you love driving and love communicating with the car, close your eyes and go with Punto. For rest, including creature comforts, go for Jazz.
  3. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    If build quality and structural integrity has any importance then have a look as these figures

Specs Jazz Punto
    Length (mm) 3955 3989
    Width (mm) 1694 1687
    Height (mm) 1544 1525
    Wheelbase (mm) 2530 2510
    Ground Clearance (mm) 165 185
    Kerb Weight (kg) 1044 1198

The Punto is over 150kgs the Jazz & when you look at the weight figures on similarly sized cars there's only one thing that makes this difference. Thickness of the sheet-metal & chassis build strength. That is why Fiat is called Built like a tank. And Fiat cars' longevity is evident.... how many 15yr old Honda,maruti hyundai do you see on our roads, but you'll find loads of fiats which are 15yrs old still being driven.

Apart from this whoever is telling you that Punto evo is not stable at high-speeds is clearly lying to you. Coz even the Fiat-haters will put their head down and accept that Handling is a department where there's no match for a Fiat - any Fiat new old or even vintage.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Tornado likes this.
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I See the dilemma here, the comparision is between Orange and Apple, but hey!!! both are costing the same,
    Fiat Punto 90 hp == Honda Jazz 1.2 Petrol == $$$$$$ same Cost

1. please consider fiat punto diesel 75 hp. it should be 30k less.
    2. please consider fiat punto 1.2 petrol .. it should be a good lac cheaper than honda jazz.

These two models should make you go with the Fiat punto , if we only look at costing angle.

Finally a diesel is a Diesel, and people buy petrol cars as they are priced 20% lower than diesel. But if you are getting a very good diesel at the same rate. I would'nt look at a petrol even if my running is 500 km per month. Petrol just cannot match the FE of a Diesel.

I would suggest drive the 75 hp Diesel as well and then consider.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. KVRFiat

KVRFiat Timido

Near Shoba Apartments, Kanakapura Road
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hello @sampath28,

If you are a driving enthusiast then look for Fiat vehicles. If you want only features then go for other cars.
    When I planned to purchase my first Palio 1.9D in 2005, many of our relatives and friends said why did you pay 5.9L, you should have bought Tata Indica, Tata Sumo, Maruthi or Hyndai santro or Getz, this car nut, crap etc..etc.. I test drove Getz but my wife did not like, we choose Palio without test drive. The guys who lectured me bought tata, Hyndai and Maruthi cars. All those cars moved to backyard very long back, mine is still a hero. I am using 60 Kms to office Monday to Friday in bumper to bumper traffic, but I stopped taking long drives for fear of age and pulling power reduced a bit due to various reasons.

You decide what you want to take, not bother about nasty blogs in the internet and outside..

1) What about FASS I heard very wrong impressions against different services in this forum and I want to know any one of you in this forum visited FIAT Kaffe in koregeaon park and there service. -- FASS improved a lot.. or you can by the original parts from 99rpm.

3) heard about car leaning toward left, no control of higher speeds, lagging in the city roads on 2 or 3 rd gear, pick up.
    -- After 10.5 years and ODO reading of 152000 Kms, my Palio still moves in 3rd gear in bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore.. All you need to learn how to release Clutch.

#######no control of higher speeds, ######### ahh ahh I can't comment on this....)))

Except TD for City Petrol never drove Honda cars, they may be good .. Your Money you take a call..
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP