1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT PUNTO EVO 90 HP dieselor HONDA JAZZ 1.2 VX MT petrol

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sampath28, Aug 7, 2015.

1. sampath28

sampath28 Timido

pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi friends,
    Please I need a valuable suggestions, I am planning to buy a new car and it is also my first car, I so confused to go with Fiat punto evo 90 hp diesel or honda jazz 1.2 vX MT petrol.

1) What about FASS I heard very wrong impressions against different services in this forum and I want to know any one of you in this forum visited FIAT Kaffe in koregeaon park and there service.

2) How the comfortable level for 3 persons in the back seat for FIAT PUNTO as i went through the videos showing lagging comfortable how genuine it is.

3) heard about car leaning toward left, no control of higher speeds, lagging in the city roads on 2 or 3 rd gear, pick up.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are trying to decide between an apple and orange. First and foremost, decide whether you want a diesel mill or a petrol; depending on your useage and budget

In cities like Pune at least you shouldn't face any issues with service. There are plenty of Pune folks here who will help you out.

Punto is one of few hatches where 3 people can be seated with ease at the rear.

Few cars have faced left pull issues, not all. Other factors which is mentioned is a bland lie.
  3. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Left pulling is not a major issue... Event if it's there it will be rectified at FASS.

Stability at high speeds awesome..... I had touched 180 (believe me only extra noise, but otherwise you won't feel like flying in other cars (i.e. Hyundai/Swift/ even Honda....)).

Service looks to be improving....
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sampath28 : Bro both the cars have their own USPs, but I guess you first need to decide upon which fuel you want to opt for; Petrol or Diesel.

Punto 90HP vs Jazz diesel looks fine, and if it is the thing, then following summary should help:

Jazz Diesel:

Pros (wrt 90 HP):
    1) Better city drivability, no turbo lag. 90 HP has some turbo lag below 1800 RPM, but everyone gets adjusted to it and its not a problem in city. Also, the latest ECU update from Fiat has made it more agile in the city and the drivability has improved considerably.
    2) Better space utilization. 90 HP is the longest hatch in its segment, almost equals Dzire, but Punto has a longer nose, which aids to better safety during accidents. Also, the seats are thicker in 90HP. Still, 3 people can sit at the rear without much problems, until the driver is very tall.
    3) Better perceived after sales (Though, at least in Pune, Fiats dont have ASS problems)
    4) Better boot space. 90 HP also has a decent boot space of 280, which is better than most hatches.
    5) Better FE on paper: Honda claims 27+ but in real world conditions, I am sure it wont provide more than 20. 90 HP claims 20.5 and when driven with light foot, it gives around 25 as well.
    6) Better 0-100 sprints: Jazz would do 0-100 a couple of seconds faster than 90HP. But, in gear acceleration in 90HP is a lot better and IMO it matters more than the 0-100 timings, as far real world driving is concerned.

Cons (wrt 90 HP):
    1) Weak Top end/Top speed limited to 140 km/hr. No such limit in 90 HP and 180 km/hr is doable. In fact, the top end is enjoyable in 90 HP.
    2) Neutral handling: Not even half as good as Punto. Punto's legendary handling makes cornering a childs play with minimal body roll.
    3) Built quality not in the league of the Italian. 90 HP weighs close to 1200 kgs. The doors shut with a thud.
    4) High speed stabiity not as impressive. Punto would be rock solid at 150+ speeds. In fact you wont realize the speed until you would take a look at the speedo.
    5) Overpriced. 90 HP provides a lot of value for the money. Also, you can get discounts from Jay Vijay as they are very aggressive nowadays in Pune.
    6) High NVH: Diesel engine has a very lousy roar and the insulation is also pathetic, even in City. In, Mobilio diesel, the NVH are the best amogst the Hondas currently. 90 HP is a very silent place to sit in and the noise enters the cabin only at 100+ km/hr , but then also, its not obtrusive and the engine has a very sporty note.
    7) Not free revving engine as 90 HP. 90 HP is fun from 2000-4500 RPM means you have a much large band to play with.
    8) Punny tyres. 90 HP has R16 195 section tyres that also aid to superb grip.
    9) Looks. This is subjective, but 90 HP looks like an aggressive and handsome hatch, while Jazz looks like a mini-MPV.
    10) Less reliable engine: MJD is our national engine, with no issues on reliability. Honda has for the first time come up with a diesel engine.

Also, left pulling isn't an issue with every Fiat, and even if it

NOTE:
    I drive Evo 90HP that I bought 4 months back and have clocked 6700+ kms. Also, I have taken multiple test drives of Jazz D.

JIST: If you like driving, 90 HP is a no-brainer, for every thing else, there are better options out there.
    PradeepM, prabhjot and Ganges like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The OP was asking for suggestion between Punto 90 HP diesel and Jazz 1.2 Petrol, you gave him details of Jazz Diesel. Even I assume that he was enquiring of the Jazz diesel.
    The major points where Punto score over Jazz diesel is Good warranty, greater Ground clearance and heavier built which adds to stability. Points where Jazz scores over Punto is higher mileage
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    UPDATED:

7. sampath28

sampath28 Timido

pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

Thanks for every one for all of your valuable inputs.

Actually I compared both the diesel and petrol of jazz and Punto because of the same price I am getting more features , so I am so confused whether I have to go with a diesel punto or Jazz petrol.Now please give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    hi @sampath28

I know we are all told, and we all like to practise, practicality/planning/value-for-money calculativeness etc.

However, it is simply not possible to address a decision dillema like yours without having a THEORY or PHILOSOPHY or, if you prefer: 'funda-s' about cars, their use, need and desire aspects, aesthetic/design-wise, engineering and safety-wise etc.

Please reflect on such seemingly vague philosophical questions FIRST and foremost. I feel perhaps there are some funda-clarifications still required at your end, given your mango-to-banana comparitive question.

Browsing through ownership and other threads on TFi or even one or two other better-informed, honest, non-commercial fora might be better than the straight-up advice you recieve here, since most of us are mostly happy/satisfied owners and/or even fans of FIAT and the automotive funda-s it embodies in India, which IMO are very different indeed to the one Honda does or professes to or is said to....?

Please do not construe this advice as rudeness or condescension, it's applicable to everyone, that is why i said it is a 'theoretical'/'philosophical' matter which is not to say entirely 'subjective'.....and NOT anything (initially) to do with feature list, vfm, discounts, cost-of spares and warranty etc.:)

cheers, all the best with your decision-making, which may prove just as enjoyable/fruitful as the car you eventually do purchase!;)
    PradeepM and Turbothinghy like this.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Sampath,

First question - What's your monthly usage like. Based on your answer we can decide if you would need a diesel car or a petrol one.
    Folks have already pitched in with the information and from my side I can add another point " Resale Value". Fiats have a bad resale value is a not a 100% true claim I would request you to check my ownership thread for some factors on resale.
    Also my personal opinion Honda "was" an amazing manufacturer and "was" considered premium a few years back, however none of the recent launches from the last 3 years is eligible to be called premium except for the price they have been commanding which is definitely premium.
    End of the day it's an individual choice as its their hard earned money so do consider the aspects written on this thread already and take a call. What really matters is Sampath being happy with his decision as it would bring a smile every time you get into the car you buy.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Turbothinghy and Tornado like this.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    If monthly running is less than 1kkm, it has to be petrol.
    If monthly running is in between 1 kkm to 1. 4kkm, both fuel types are justified depending on city(go for petrol or highway (better to go for diesel).
    If monthly running is more than 1400 km diesel is best.

If at all petrol, then wait till fiat launches the T jet e Punto.
    Meanwhile you can TD T jet Linea for knowing what the T jet is all about?

AFA, rear comfort is concerned, if you make 3 full size adults seat there, it's tight in case of punto, but for 2 & half ppl, there is no problem.

MyAvventura, with 205 mm of GC, is super stable at 150, so punto with 185 mm GC should not pose a problem.

Fiat Caffè, though owned by Fiats, it is run by SKY moto dealer (PCMC), and they are unprofessional. Better to go with JAY VIJAY FIAT PUNE. My ASS experiences with them is more than satisfactory. This dealership is opened recently & might not be having spare parts for discontinued cars such as UNO, Palio, sienna etc, but for new cars like Punto, linea Avventura, there is not much problem also Pune is hardly 50 km from fiat factory, so procurement of spares is not time consuming.

Left pulling doesn't occur with all the cars, also problem is easily diagnosed @PDI, and you are free to reject it.
    Also the problem is easily rectified.
    Turbothinghy likes this.