1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Emotion Pack. No Ignition - Flat Battery

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Rajesh_Karunanithi, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Hi Team,

Need you suggestions very badly... I am out of India for the past 3 months and my car has not been used for the past 2 months, just before a week my wife informed me that the remote of my key was not working. I at first thought that it would have been a problem with the remote key battery. But today, out of curiosity I asked my wife to check whether the car starts or not. And when she tried it, she says that the car won't start, neither it cranks. Please help me with this. I am coming back to India on 30th April and planning for a long drive on 2nd of May. I had already applied for leave and everything. Please help me in fixing the problem before 30th April.

Rajesh Karunanithi
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

get your car battery charged
  3. the car is just 6 months old Vijay, Chennai team, please let me know any contacts of technicians, who can do it for me. I will just call them up to fix an appointment
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I too suspect your Cars Battery. It might have got drained. Get it checked.
  5. linealover

linealover Regolare

no worries mate!

its only battery went drain,you can plug out the battery and give it to battery shop for charging.

nothing to worry..
  6. Ramesh,

I tried to PM you. It says that your Inbox is full. By the way how is the white beauty, I hope that you would have broke Sathya's records by now.
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Yes, as everyone said take out the battery and give it for charging. They normally take a full day to charge Rs. 100/- normal rate. whenever car is left in garage for extended period just disconnect the battery remove and the cable (by loosing the nut and pulling out). Remember this will reset some of the settings in your car info system, but no issues at all. Sometime to correct blue and me, USB issues I do this :).
  8. Thank you Guys, Let me check, if I could ask any one to try charging the battery....
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Oops. Just cleared it.
    She is doing absolutely fine Rajesh. Thanks for asking. You should read my new ownership report on Linea :).
  10. Ramesh, I would love to read it. Just send me the link.