1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Diesel does not start today morning

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arthursamuel1978, Jan 10, 2016.

1. arthursamuel1978

arthursamuel1978 Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi All,
    I came to know about this forum while searching on the net the reason for why my car would not start today morning, the display does not come on, engine also does not crank, last month i had a similar issue and had my battery changed (during the problem then the display would get on and engine cranked)..can you please let me know what the issue could be..loose wiring? or disconnected wiring?
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If there no lights are coming on when you turn the key to "on" position - it means either the battery is totally dead or the battery terminal is disconnected somehow. It is likely to be dead battery if you have not used the car for few weeks. If you had used the car recently then it may be connection problem. Don't hesitate to peep under the hood and find out what happened!
  3. arthursamuel1978

arthursamuel1978 Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks very much for your reply..did not find any loose connection, will have to ask a car technician to have a look..enclosing a pic of the battery, it says that white ring means need charging, does the white ring on top of my battery denote that? uploadfromtaptalk1452426997703.jpg
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    ..seems like ur battery is dead.get it charged.If happening often with a new battery get it replaced under warranty.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes. That white ring denotes that your battery is fully drained. Considering that it is a new battery, I suspect a current leak somewhere that is draining the battery. It is also possible that your alternator has conked off and is not charging the battery at all.How long was the car idle before this happened? Just overnight or for longer duration? Get it checked with a qualified electrician.
    ghodlur likes this.