1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto BlackMotion special edition to be launched in Brazil

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Herbie, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Fiat Punto BlackMotion special edition to be launched in Brazil

While the Fiat Punto continues with its old look in India, the Brazilians get newer versions and special editions.

Fiat-Punto-BlackMotion-special-edition-Brazil-1024x749.jpg

The facelift dons a redesigned front fascia and rear fascia along with a completely new dashboard. While we still wait for the new car, the Brazilians are about to receive a special edition called the Fiat Punto BlackMotion.

If the regular Punto is not sporty enough, then the BlackMotion special edition is sure to amuse you. As the name suggests the special edition car sports black exterior color with unique 17″ black alloys.

The car also gets skirts all around and an electric sunroof. The black theme is carried forward to the interior as well. Equipment wise, the Fiat Punto BlackMotion features reverse parking sensor with a graphic display.

Fiat-Punto-BlackMotion-special-edition-1024x768.jpg

Powering the special edition hatchback will be a 1.8-litre flex fuel motor capable of 132bhp while sipping ethanol. The motor is mated to a ‘dual logic’ transmission.

Autossegredos.com.br reports that the Punto BlackMotion can be seen in showrooms shortly. However, there is no information about the number of units to be sold.
    The hatchback carries an estimated price tag of 58,000 Reals (around Rs. 15.22 lakhs).

In India, the Fiat Punto recently received the 2013 model year update which didn’t change things much. Considering the age of the car, it would help Fiat India to bring the facelifted Punto here.

SOURCE :
    http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/fiat-punto-blackmotion-brazil-89222
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    If Fiat launches this special editon Punto here then this will crack the segment of premium hatchbacks..:evilsmile
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Seriously very saucy car. I love it. Damn you FIAT. Launch it here ASAP.
  4. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
    Will you guys buy a 15L hatch?
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ofcourse if it is worth it...but in india a hatchback @that price has very small market..maybe a year or two down the line this will change

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  6. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
    I disagree with you on that. India is a highly price sensitive market where cars are still treated as a status symbol. Will you go for a Honda Accord or a 15L hatch?

2 years is such a short timeframe for the perspective to change.

Sent from my GT P3100 using Tapatalk 4
    1 person likes this.
  7. I speak for myself only..if a hatch from Fiat comes at that price and is justified i will buy it(we want fiat to introduce new engine, features etc in india but when the time to pay comes why this much hesitation)..if a car is feature loaded if not more than the merc a class and the bmw hatch back, and is priced much lower compared to 24-26 lacs, no doubt fiat it will be...

When did we fiatians start thinking about all this??
    Those status symbols and stuff are almost a passe..

8. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
    I was not talking about a bunch of Fiat enthusiasts in this forum yaar. See the broader picture. You need justifiable sales figures coupled with technical expertise for servicing. When Fiat is struggling to bring the existing setup to be upto their standard, how can they think of launching a high priced hatch.
    Fiat is on the right path now, but it will take time.

1 person likes this.
  9. A few posts back you asked would guys go for it? So the answer was from my point of view..

First they need a broader customer base then only think about any new products...
    Btw if merc and bmw can do it so can fiat, maybe in the future..

1 person likes this.
  10. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
    I believe you dont have Alfa Romeo and Maserati in mind when you are drawing parallels.

1 person likes this.