1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto | Best selling car in Italy for 17 years in a row

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Klub Class, Feb 8, 2011.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Re: Fiat Punto | Best selling car in Italy for 17 years in a

I really doubt this.. back in 1995-96, the Punto looked very different from the Grande Punto introduced in 2005. Here are the pictures courtesy wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Punto

2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2

I have seen the Punto 1st generation car in Kuwait, :) Green Color
    It is owned by a Syrian working in KNPC (Kuwait National petroleum Company)
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Oh Good!!. These puntos are very similar to our Palios/ Palio stiles
  4. hillram

Punto can be billed as the hottest hatch in India too and the way it is conceived in motoring circles in India.But Fiat has to improve After Sales Service(A.S.S) immensely to see the brand value go up.
    The name Fiat in India,still rings the bells of Premier Padminis and Mumbai Taxis (Red & Yellow) and some people are averse to this notion.
  5. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had written some questions and queries to Narendra Sharma (Brand Mgr for Punto) and got the below replies.

Dear Hitesh,

Thank you for your mail. I attempt to answer your queries below (in blue):

1. Fiat is having such good products (Linea / Punto/ 500) in the market, but there is no aggressive marketing, publicity of the product. What is FIAT doing to achieve more sales.
    We have been fairly aggressive with our advertising & have been amongst the top advertisers in the car industry, for the year 2010. Our current focus is towards improving the dealer network & customer service.
    2. The Tie up with TATA Motors has been criticized a lot and said that TATA has been taking advantage of FIAT wrt to Engines and Technology, what does FIAT have to say on the same.
    This company is a 50:50 joint venture between FIAT & TATA with equal investments and both are equal beneficiaries of this arrangement.
    3. Further the ASS has been criticized saying that product knowledge is lacking and its not a good treatment been given to FIAT cars.
    As mentioned earlier, we are working towards further improving the ASS.
    4. People are afraid and reluctant to buy FIAT products since they think that FIAT may close its shop any day, so why to buy FIAT.
    The number of cars sold by us every month is a testimony of customer’s trust. Also with the huge investments made by FIAT in India, it symbolizes its commitment to the Indian market.
    5. Further parts are not readily available is another concern making people stay away from FIAT.
    Spare parts availability has been improving month on month, now with dedicated teams to focus on better availability across the country.

I guess your team is aware of the FIAT forum (teamfiat.co.in) where FIAT owners post their reviews, responses and are trying to encourage and envision people about FIAT.
    Yes, we are aware. We have recently organized a drive & FIAL factory visit for the members & it has been appreciated by one & all.

Why doesn't FIAT make commercials, advertize in a way that connects with the Indian Audience, people in India wont even know who is Giorgetto Giugiaro. You yourself must be knowing that Emotions connect Indians very easily. FIAT hasn't been able to achieve something that newer brands have achieved in a shorter span of time than FIAT.
    We take your feedback & will continue to improvise, however, it would be wrong to say that our commercials have not connected with the audience. The Linea TV commercial has been very well appreciated & has won several awards, also the recent Punto thief commercial has had a very favourable impact on audiences.
    Of course, you would agree that its not just commercials that sell a car. FIAT has had to overcome many challenges in the Indian market. We are trying hard & so far have been quite successful. Our commitment to the Indian market is well anchored & we intend to bring in much more to the customers in future. As you might be aware, we have announced exclusive Brand Centres of FIAT in major cities, to provide customers with FIAT’s true Italian experience.

I hope I have answered your queries to your satisfaction. Please do write back for any other assistance.

Best Regards,
    Narendra Sharma
    Product Manager
    Fiat India Automobiles Limited
    Corporate Park-II, 5th Floor,
    Sion Trombay Road, Chembur, Mumbai-400071
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Wow, Feels great to read the reply from FIAL, We hope to see more and more numbers of fiat cars on road, as it is increasing day by day as the people are aware of the facts.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Nice to hear official but diplomatic replies for the questions we'd been waiting to ask FIAT.
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Gurjinder, Correctly pointed out.

They are politely telling ...Every thing is OK with FIAT and what ever they are doing is the best and nothing more can be done. In this sense if the company is satisfied, so be it.

Ofcourse they may be under strain not to own up some very obvious mistakes. With due respect to the legendary designer, It is very correctly pointed out by hitesh, and yes, who knows Mr Giugioro. The target audience is defo not knowing him. Why not show the legendary handling, raw torque and gr8 suspension sub frame, the way Indian understand it, On indian roads, in somewhat brute way. way SX4, "Men are back" campaign.

There must be some cheerful campaigns, not the gloomy basement parking type.....

Now that Mr Sharma knows we exist, I sincerely wish he is reading the forum more seriously.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Recently I was on Vacation & I went to Akluj ( its in Solapur District, Maharashtra ) which is my native place.

People over there are not aware of Linea & Punto. Few of them know that yes there are FIAT cars. My Punto is the first Punto in Akluj. They dont know Linea. Strange but true.
  10. sharadverma

Is there any fiat brand center in delhi?????