1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto - arrived but I m confused now??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by prabhuatul, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hey Piyush ,
    I am happily surprised to know that you are getting 17-18 kmpl mileage in mumbai traffic .. Here in chennai city traffic even with the IC and AC on I am able to manage approx 16 kmpl where 60 % of my daily travel is thru less traffic road . Hope one day I will also learn the art of extracting more mileage in city.. :)

Ajit
  2. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Hi Ajit,

Actually, my 60% travel is on eastern express highway (probably the best road within mumbai city) to my office. That's the reason I am getting 17-18 (with 80% of the time AC on). If i bifurcate city-highway mileage, then I think I am getting 13-14 within city and 21-22 on highway. I hope to increase the mileage further after 5000 mark.

Well, about the art of extracting more mileage, i think you have to be really patient (driving at 60-70 kmph). And with FIAT in hand it's really difficult to control. I was a sedate driver before buying a FIAT. I never used to go beyond 70 even on open roads. Now I am happily spoiling myself with regular 90-100 ;)
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I reckon the mileage figures shouldn't vary too much even if the car is brand new.

When our Linea had around 300 or so km's on the odometer, on a highway trip it returned 24.5kmpl. It was driven as conservatively as anything :p

So, it's just how we drive it that matters.

Cheers.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was getting just 11-12kmpl initially no matter how hard I tried. Maybe you are right. Initial mileage is lower as it takes time to get used to the optimum driving technique for best mileage.
  5. Hey Piyush ..
    If in express way you are getting that mileage then fine :) . Now after owning this beauty I have changed my drive style in city drastically . Never rev hard and very light foot and do what ever I can to increase the avg consumption . All these savings in city drive so that on week end high way trips I can enjoy my driving and unlease the beast ..

And as gurjinder paaji said it is just how we drive which matters ..

and extracting more mileage in city in most of the cars is a art :)

Ajit