1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto - arrived but I m confused now??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by prabhuatul, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hi,

I got the delivery of Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD version on December 1st.

Went on a long drive and truly experienced the comfort and ease while driving.

But looking at the fuel consumption, I was shocked !!!

It is giving me an average of around 8 Km per lt. I always have a tap on the trip meter - Instantaneous consumption which is good in 1st and 2 nd gear. But as soon as it goes in 3rd and 4th gear the consumption value hits between 6 - 8 1/100.

My question is whether even others experience the same or is it I am doing something wrong while driving? Please suggest some tips to increase the average..

Regards
    Atul
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey Prabhuatul

First of all, Welcome to TFI and congrats for the car. You did not mention the color of ur Punto.

Now regarding the "issue", its not an issue at all. You are actually using the Liters/100 km units. You need to change ot to km/lts.

When it shows you 8 l/100, it means you are using 8 ltrs for a 100 km. So your average is 12.5 km/ltr

Ejoy the car !!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. Thnks for ur reply, I will be able to sleep properly.:):):)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    LOL. Welcome to the club buddy!! This is FIAT's way of giving shockers... :drinks
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Prabhu, you can change settings from "My Car" settings by pressing the menu button located on the right side of the steering console. Refer to the user manual for the same.

12.5Kmpl for new car is good. Your mileage will go above 20kmpl on highways gradually as you clock 2000+Kms. Enjoy your beauty.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Hey Prabhuatul
    Welcome to the family . My hearty wishes for owning the beauty ..

Ajit
  7. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations... Happy Motoring, Enjoy the Beauty. Explore the various options, settings and features... you will be surprised by the long list.
  8. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    haha ho ho he he, i too commited the same mistake and later on realised it was liters per hundred km, and it had to be changed to km per liter on the menu. after my 15000 kms service i am getting an average of 18.5 kms
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFI,
    Prabhuatul the Avg you are getting is good, and it will gradually improve once the engine has opened up, Even mine was giving 10 to 11 at the begining but gradually increased, not like others which guves good mileage but decreases later on....... FIAT is viceversa, It becomes young at the days goes on........, Even now when ever people see padmini on the streets they say, see the fiat build to last,,,,,,
    which place ru in navi Mumbai, Think more n more FIAT cars are in Navi Mumbai......
    Do post the pictures of the Grade in the ownership thread.
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Welcome Atul to the Fiat family and congrates for your beauty.

Though it's just 2 months since I own a FIAT, I fully agree with Tony. Your mileage and love for FIAT gradually increases :) I got around 14-15 kmpl initially for around 1000 kms and now I am getting around 17-18. I am at 2500 kms and engine also feels much smoother.