1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto and Linea Spare part queries

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by PaddleShifter, Jun 30, 2011.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    When Fiat will introduced these alloys in India???

photo.jpg
    3 people like this.
  3. Vighnesh81

Vighnesh81 Novizio

Pune, MH
    Wow what a alloys....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    I think it's very difficult to put the alloy wheel in the back,it can be put but without the wheelcap only but I can't say about the sturdiness of the wheel in that position

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    If fiat launches them in the form of abarth pinto...it'll be better sight to see

1 person likes this.
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I understand that housing is a problem as the provision is only for steel wheel and not alloy. My query was more intended to see if there can be a provision to accommodate it given the provision. Having a spare alloy is always an advantage than a steel wheel where you will have to be careful about the speed limits and change in the handling and driving dynamics.
  7. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    I think of only one thing, to search for another nut thing in order to house the alloy...emotion and emotion+ models which were manufactured before march 2013 had an alloy wheel as the spare...seniors here can give a better answer to above question

8. SHBZ

SHBZ Novizio

Pune
    Lovely piece of Alloys!! Hope Fiat brings them in India to add more beauty on the Prancing beauties..
    1 person likes this.
  9. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    My spare wheel is an alloy. The wheel sits securely in the wheel-well.
    The issues, if at all they can be called so, are - I can't use the wheel fastener, the boot mat sits pretty high, weight increase.
    The wheel doesn't move around in the well though, so not being able to use the fastener is not that big a concern. It weighs a bit, hence it sits quite securely.
    The only grouse is that the boot mat is raised by a couple of inches. This creates a slope towards the seat side. But it is something I've got used to, so it doesn't bother me that much now.

10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    IIRC the earlier T-jet plus came with an alloy as a spare and the alloy was fitted in the wheel well with a fastner. Cant the same arrangement be used for the Punto too. Of course the well area in the T-jet was much bigger than the Punto, but I am told that the spare alloy will snug fit in the Punto as there is hardly any space for the wheel to slip. Yes the bobbing of the wheel cant be ignored if the car goes over a bump at high speeds.