1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto and Linea Spare part queries

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by PaddleShifter, Jun 30, 2011.

1. vikassharma

vikassharma Novizio

Rewalsar, Mandi
    Hey Guys, I heard a lot about KAVA Auto.

What exactly it is?

FASS or some other Service Center?
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Spare parts dealer (mumbai)
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Kava is the go-to guy/s for most old generation Fiats especially. Even if you want a new/old ECU or refurbished engine for say UNO PALIO SIENA or rarely some very not so available parts for Punto/Linea which keep you from repairing your car, he is the man. That is why he is so famous.

Mythbuster for "he sells refurbished parts beware".
    Why beware? How on earth do people expect new parts for 30%-50% discount. If one asks him if it is new or old he is quoting for he tells you honestly. But one needs to ask properly.

'Naye Jaisa' means "Like New" and not always refurbished. He even sends pics on whatsapp these days, but pics have their own limitations.

There are lucky few who got big discounts for new parts as well. Only when there was surplus. The price depends on his whim because he knows what is the value and availability factor of a particular part. When one thinks the price quoted is high try negotiating or best to look somewhere else.

He is in the business of investing in locally acquired spares from SCs, dealers, stockists or even junkyards and also sometimes spares that are imported from bulk surplus. He mainly deals with spare parts dealers, independant garages, exports to buyers from Egypt/Turkey/South Asia etc. and also does direct sales to customers like us. Sourcing any hard to get spare for Fiat cars is his speciality, ofcourse that comes with a fee or premium sometimes.

Why or When to contact Kava ?
    When you are on a budget and can use a part for cheap without worrying too much about warranty etc. he is the person to contact. If you have an older gen Fiat that you need to restore and a stuck for want of things that need replacement he is the best person to contact. If you see an old gen Palio, Uno or Siena running somewhere in good condition, chances are the owner has kept it running, thanks to guys like Kava for sourcing some spares for them.
    1 person likes this.
  4. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

So my alternator had conked off and Kava sold me a brand new alternator for 10,000Rs which is the MRP.

Not even 5000KMs, alternator started making horrible noises and soon the pulley broke off.

uXq6sx4.jpg

The mechanic who inspected the alternator was surprised why would a brand new part would fail so soon.

On opening the failed alternator he found this rusty piece of s##t.

3JBG1sB.jpg

I rest my case.

If anybody wants to buy parts from Kava be it at full price, brand new or like new or refurbished or whatever. Keep praying all the time, whever you get in your car that it will not break down in the middle of nowhere.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    4 people like this.
  5. micky123

micky123 Timido

Bangalore
    Hi,

How much does the glove box for the Fiat Punto Emotion pack cost? The glove box seems to be held only by the lock on top.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
  7. micky123

micky123 Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Simpleson,

This is the same thread that you have referred us back to! I think you got mixed up with this thread and the other one where it is clearly mentioned not to post queries on part costs. :)
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah thanks. Looks like some goof up again. Actually my post on other thread got pushed here as well. It looks like. :lol:

EDIT : I think I did post them in the right thread before. Anyways whatever the case the mods will do the needful.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  9. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    How long it takes to receive order from 99rpm. I am in need of Fog grill LH which is not in stock with KHT bangalore. They said it will reach them sometime next week.
    So was wondering if I should order from 99rpm ??
  10. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    What is the spare part # for glove box lock? My glove box opens whenever I run over small humps/patholes, im not sure issue is with the lock or pin which holds the lock. Is there any juggaad possible?

Earlier there was problem with the glovebox opening flap , I showed it to FASS, they repaired such a way that it opens even though I don't need.

I remember sometime back all glovebox related stuffs for Punto/Linea were present in 99rpm, but currently they are available only for palio.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014