1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto and Linea Spare part queries

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by PaddleShifter, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yashik, OT I think that is against the RTA rule. It is like adding Multijet badge to petrol cars. Well after all rules are meant to be broken ;-) The badge will surely look cool.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Na na Cinju bhai

Its not illegal. We can stick any decal onto the car.

I once saw an Esteem wearing the Qualis 2.4D badge. :lol:
  3. arey yaar, i saw so many sticker jobs.
    one esteem had 4x4 sticker.

cinju
    sitckerin your car is not illegal.
    and those guys cant figure out if yours is a 76 or a 93 ps vehicle any way!!
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

Hey Yashik why dont you get a Race Chip for your Punto, then you can put the 90HP decal ;-)
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks Srikaratluri & Guru. What I heard was stickering /decal ling was not illegal, but using OEM company stickers which give a wrong impression was illegal. This thing I heard was when a person who is known to me had used this CRDI badging in his accent whereas his accent was petrol. At that time CRDI used to be a prestigious badge. Fellows any idea where can you find such things in RTA website ??
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I've seen splendor with CRDI badges, so why all the fuss Cinju. Go ahead and put what you like.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In that case, it may be justified to be illegal since the RC book of the car says that it is a petrol car but a simple CRDi badge at the back makes it a diesel car from the outside. Apart from that, he might end up with filling diesel in his car if he is careless as he is having a CRDi badge that may confuse the petrol pump attendant.

In my case, I have a 75Hp MJD and just wish to add the 90Hp badge. No change in specs from the RC since it does not talk about VGT, FGT or BHP.

BTW, we have an old M800 Standard model (base model) and I got EX badge on it back in 2000 during our first service. :p You see old habits are hard to break.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    chrome door handle

My linea emotion Chrome door handle fell off.Wht would be the price of the handle. I cant find in any of the TASS in Mumbai.

Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
  9. Punter

Punter

Mumbai
    I have a 2009 Punto MJD E+. Last Saturday while I was traveling from Pune to Mumbai, front wipers stopped working. Being Sunday none of the Pune service centers helped me. I visited Acumen Motors at Bavdhan. They figured out that the wiper motor had died. They didnt have a spare one. Infact there was another brand new Punto standing in the rain awaiting Wiper Motor as well. Had to drive Pune-Mumbai with dirty windshield amidst heavy rains.

I called up Fortune Motors today and they don't have the motor in stock. They told me that they need to place an order for the motor and it would take 10-15 days for it to arrive.

Losing my car for 2 weeks especially during peek rainy season is frustrating. Moreover I didn't like the way service centers in Pune responded except Acumen off course.

What are my options? Is the wiper motor failure a known issue?

Why can't Fiat service centers stock crucial parts like Wiper Motor in monsoon, A.C. compressor in Summer?
  10. Punter

Punter

Mumbai
    I visited Fortune Cars today and surprise surprise!! The order for Wiper motor is not placed as yet.

Reason: There is some issue with Tata Motors CRM system that does not allow service centers to submit the order for Fiat spares. :eek: The system accepts orders for Tata cars though.

I am fade up watching my Punto stand in the garage. God knows when the Siebel system will be "fixed" and the order will go through.

I have started repenting spending 7 lac Indian rupees on this piece of junk.