1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto and Linea Spare part price/Part number (No queries please)

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by PaddleShifter, Jun 30, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ Thats the new official price of the wiremesh filter. Basically prices of parts in the Printed invoice cannot be manipulated by the dealer. They do all their gambling with the labor charges.
  3. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    Yes vj v1. It is a 3 year old car.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ Ok kool, Makes sense.

Im actually happy that they have returned to using the Paper filters. The Wiremesh filters are crap, they do not filter anything. On the flip side, im thinking this filter might reduce the amount of air that gets it given that it has to pass through finer material now.
    1 person likes this.
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

Forget 3 but 1 and 2 is expensive and that should be covered under warranty I guess. I dont buy this 40k kms thing.

Our member has got it changed at 35 k kms

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealershi...inea-punto-maintenance-cost-ownership-15.html
  7. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    I have given my Punto for 3rd year / 45,000km service today and I am being quoted the exact same thing - Including the Elastic pad.
  8. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    ^^^
    The car has just crossed 20,000 km. I have given the extended warranty details to the SA but said that he himself has earlier processed the elastic pads under warranty but recently the warranty claim for the same is being rejected.
  9. IIRC, they had changed from paper to wire mesh filter for reasons like maintenance and clogging. I mean there were complaints for sure.
    Again they have reverted or its a different design/material altogether?
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I am not sure if it retains the old design or new design. The one that came from the factory was wire mesh and it used to let dust in when you put just blower in fresh air mode. Now this problem is gone for good with the paper filter. The filtering property will be good at the same time clogging rate also will be higher. There is no harm in getting it cleaned every 5k kms. There is a DIY thread for this I believe on TFI.
    1 person likes this.