1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto and Linea Spare part price/Part number (No queries please)

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by PaddleShifter, Jun 30, 2011.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The Labor charges seem crazy, everything seems to be atleast 100-200 overpriced.

Examiner check -650 ? Seriously?
    And why are each of the fluid changes charged separately? AFAIK there is a service Item called "Major service" that does all this and the regular service for a fixed amount that varies from region to region.
  2. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    Yes. I felt the same too. I asked the same question regd. the fluid change as well. They mentioned that the 45K service does not cover the fluid change for coolant, clutch oil etc and just engine oil and brake oil.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Man, I just looked at your labor charges. RDC has royaly fleeced you. Please post this on the RDC thread.

Water wash and whatever fluids to be changed has its labor included in the component called major service. I won't visit this place again. They are going the DSC Hyundai way. Escalate this to Fiat ASAP.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bboy o bbboy.... They looted you like anything...
    i believe it was 4th service right ? if yes why transmission oil change ? brake oil change ?

i have changed the elastic pads and the related labor cost under warranty that too after 45K Kms running.FIAT should help on this.
  5. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Ganges, I was also charged for the parts and labor for the elastic pad replacement.
    Now there is a strict rejection happening if you have crossed 35K for strut pads.

The fluid replacement charges should come under the Major service category.
    While I changed Engine oil and Filter on my request at 37K (not on any scheduled service) they charged 750/- as labor.
    Wash and fitting of engine guard should be done as courtesy/as a part of major service charge.
    Examiner check : 650 is day light robbery.
    Air filter cover should have been given for free.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nopes,why this should have come in major service that too during 4th service as all the fluid change have to be done at 60K Kms ?
    For me during the 5th service the fluid change labor charge have been charged seperately.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd/4361-my-punto-shree-anjaneeyam-1-10-years-52000-kms-11.html

i was lucky :)

What is examiner check ?
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  7. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Examiner check: AFAIK connecting the OBD scanner and SA pedals his brains to 4000+ RPM to tell "Saar everything OK" :confused
  8. pradman

pradman Novizio

Chennai
    Thanks folks. Appreciate your support. I know I should not have taken delivery but I needed the car badly yesterday.
    I was definitely doubtful on the fluid change charges and asked them about it, but am a novice and these guys clearly knew that. Also I tend to be polite to people the first time. Looks like it does not work with these guys. They are trying to kill the golden goose the very first time for all its eggs. Really sad. And I am mad!!!

I am listing out the items I am going to write to Fiat about. Dear forum members... please add anything else if you have....

Examiner Check - Rs. 650 is too high
    Clutch Oil/Gear Oil/Pls Oil Change/Coolant replacement - Should have been part of the labor for major service but charged separately. Total cost - Rs 1780
    Engine Shield Fitting - This should have been complimentary but I was charged Rs 650 for this
    Front suspension Insulator Replacement charges - 450 + 400 - Again way too high. I was expecting this to be replaced in the extended warranty.

I am going to send the above list to FIAT.
    I will also post the charges in the RDC thread.
  9. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    In both Concord and VST I haven't seen them charging for Examiner!!! I have visited them numerous times for running repairs and every time I got my car scanned.

Regards
    Gopi
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ I think they have started charging for the examiner's check recently. See an item in the Invoice posted by Ganges above. It says "Fitment charges Service deletion" and the amount is 350/-.

@Ganges - I think they have changed fluid's since the vehicle might have crossed 2 yrs unlike yours which does too many kms within the 2 yr period :-D. Member should be able to confirm this though.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013