1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto and Linea Spare part price/Part number (No queries please)

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by PaddleShifter, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    A month back I replaced the Timing chain and the Clutch kit at Ramkay, Chennai. Total bill was Rs. 12,000 odd which includes parts, labor and the tax.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Can you please post your bill Ramesh.
    I do have Raviji's bill for comparison but his is a petrol linea.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. Will post the bill by evening. It is in my car's glove box and I am away from it now. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

With the FASS's using the DMS system for billing, I really don't think that they will be able to cheat you. They might have given an approximation to you without checking their system.

And for information, the cost of spares is same for all the cities in India while the labor charges have two categories, one for the cities like Chennai and Bangalore and the other for relatively smaller cities where the labor charges are cheaper than the one's in bigger cities. I am sure Pondicherry will fall under category 2, where the labor should be cheaper than Chennai.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Ramesh,but what I got was the confirmed price of spares and it seems costlier than in chennai.
    No problem,post your bill when you are free, I can at least argue
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Spare prices are same in all cities only labor prices differ.
    6400 for complete chain kit including 2 gears, chain, tensioner and 2 pads some workshops don't change complete kit hence quote lower charges.
    5.4k for clutch kit including release bearing, ask ASS if they are changing any clutch hydraulic cylinder along with clutch kit.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Vijay khassa.
    Is clutch hydraulic cylinder the same as clutch slave cylinder?, I got the clutch slave cylinder changed yesterday for Rs.3530.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    There are 2 cylinders one master and one slave cylinder. Master cylinder costs 1400 and slave cylinder cost 2700
    I hope the price you mentioned above for slave cylinder is with labor, brake fluid cost added.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes, you are correct. Your knowledge about automobiles is great.
    How is your Linea, you and I are the few who are holding on to our lovely old cars with love.Other owners like Raviji and Amit let it go :(
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Its doing great completed 1.23 lac kms as of today, engine is as good as new just few rattles have crept in doors and huge play in gear shifter assembly. Amit and ravi sir threads were one of few reasons which led many including my family buy linea.