1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT PUNTO ACTIVE MJD 1000 kms review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by adicoza786, Jul 2, 2012.

1. adicoza786

adicoza786

Bangalore
    Hi all,

It got my Red Hot babe on 15th June 2012 and with in 20 days the kms have already crossed 1000. The initial 2 week I drove around 350 kms within Bangalore city. During this period I noticed 2 specific issues. In the first case the moment i took the delivery I noticed there was some strange sound coming from the front left wheel. I brought this issue to the notice of the SA who took the car to the service center and got it fixed the very next day. The other issue was related to the wheel alignment. In this case, the steering used to drift slowly towards the right on a leveled
    road. Since it was a new car I was little tensed and hence went to a tyre shop and checked the wheel alignments. The guy told me that the caster and camber angles needs to be adjusted and this can be done only by the service center guys. So i again check with my SA and he again took my car to the Service Center. I spoke to the Service center manager and he said the issue will be fixed. Since I was about to leave to Goa the very next day I was a little tensed. However after driving for almost 600kms on NH4 and around 350kms of internal roads I am very happy with this car as all the issues have now been resolved.

About my first very long journey all alone - I had to go to Goa which is my hometown from Bangalore and from there I had to pickup my parents and then go to Narsobavadi which is a pilgrim place near kolhapur. However not being a ace driver and this being my first car , I was little skeptical initially as I did not have any company and had to go all alone. However somehow I managed to garner enough courage and decided to go ahead all alone. I changed my plan a bit. Instead of going to Goa it was decided Igo to Hubli first , take a stop there. The next day my parents would come to belgaum from Goa and I would pick them on the way and then go to kolhapur.

With all plans & prayers :), I left Bangalore at around 2 pm on Friday afternoon. It took me almost 1 hour to get onto the tumkur road. So by the time i hit the national highway 4 it was already 3 pm. I was consciously driving in the range of 80-100kmph and my rpms never exceeded 2.5k. I took 2 stops in between one at chitradurga and the other at davangiri. It was already around 7.30 m when I crossed Haveri. Exactly at 9pm I reached Hubli. I needed to find some hotel in hubli so took the car inside the city. After searching I found hotel Ayodhya near Hubli bus stand and decided to stay there for a night. My mileage indicator was showing 21.4 kmpl for the journey from Bangalore to Hubli. The max I touched was 120 kmph and my average driving speed was 80-100kmph.

The next morning I started from Hubli to Belgaum which is around 100kms apart. I picked my parents from belgaum city and hit the NH4 again to Kolhapur. Reached kolhapur by evening and then visited narsobavadi which is another 50kms of internal road from kolhapur. For the entire journey from Bangalore to narsobavadi the mileage reading was 20.7 kmpl.

The next day we decided to go back to Goa via amboli ghat. The route was few kms on NH4 and rest all ghat section. I reset my mileage meter to zero before starting. I moment we left NH4, it started to rain very heavily. It was around 6.30 in the evening and with such rains its usually little risky to come via Amboli as some section of the ghat is prone to landslides. However we decided to go ahead. The driving on Amboli Ghat section was an awesome experience with all the heavy downpour and thick fog. It was really a sight to see. Unfortunately we didn't have camera. By night 9 pm we reached home (Goa) safely. I checked the mileage again and this time it was showing 19 kmpl.

I noticed towards the end of the journey that engine now was little more responsive and it was so much fun to drive this beauty. All I could say is that I had an awesome experience driving this beauty and there was never a moment when I felt I was not in control. This beauty has stayed besides me through morning and night bearing all the heat and rains and have not complained a bit. I love you my sweetie.
    3 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for your new car. I had traveled in the kolhapur-Ambolim-Goa route and it is a wonderful experience. You have got excellent FE during the entire trip.
  3. adicoza786

adicoza786

Bangalore
    Thanks sungoa2010.
  4. Congrats Adi on your Punto.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Buddy as you have already started puntoing around,
    I have been reading many TFIians from Bangalore, But when i was there before a year have spotted only 2 - 4 Punto and 2 Linea during my 6 days stay. But have spotted more on the way from Mangalore to Bangalore.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Congrats Buddy as you have already started puntoing around,
    I have been reading many TFIians from Bangalore, But when i was there before a year have spotted only 2 - 4 Punto and 2 Linea during my 6 days stay. But have spotted more on the way from Mangalore to Bangalore.