1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90HP- the wise choice.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by jayadev, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    RSA is centralized place, where one calls and they will have link with local towing agency or mechanics. One doesn't have to worry, its RSA duty to provide you the towing vehicle.

Now I just read the RSA manual, and yes it is clearly mentioned that in case of accident, owner have to pay the towing bill. But you may claim that, in case your insurance covers it.

RSA_Accident.jpg
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ravi , thanks for that info.
    but my case is bit more wierd as the towing agent or agency themselves have no idea where to go? he asked me if i want it to be towed to my home 500km for rs.25k-30k.
    he doesn't know what fiat is . he said "this fiat is it a honda car" (not joking that is what he said). then gave me service center address for ashok leyland trucks vellore where he would take me for Rs4500km. meanwhile helpline lady was all listening through conference and finally asked "are you satisfied with the deal.."

i am still wondering what kind of words shall i put against these nonsense towards fiat officials .
  3. Even we're told by our dealer that the RSA is done by TVS, at least in Kerala. :)
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Could that be Tata 24-hour service line or Tata RSA ? Because that's managed by TVS or myTVS, I guess.
  5. jayadev
    just read about your accident.
    the warehouse which got burnt a few weeks back actually is a store room for FIAT parts. ther is acute shortafe of FIAT spatres. and the thing told by the SA is true. most of it except that ithe godown is in chennai!!

even mine is a white punto.
    still waiting for spares.; mine is in the shed from may 26th.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Jayadev Just saw the Pictures and very sorry for it, But Thank God all of you are safe, Happened is happened that's Y its called ACCIDENT.
    Now be behind the dealer and check for the ordered parts if they have done so, or just buffing at you by giving the excuse of fire,
    Hope to see your Grande back in action soon, Ii will be as a rebirth to your Punto,,,,
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i dont know whether fire story is true or not . as there was neither any news in media or nobody other than fiat Chennai guys know about it. i enquired some of fiat showroom and service centre guys about it and nobody ever heard about it rather they laughed at it as a made up story.
    most probably it is just an excuse to cover up the delay .
  8. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Jayadev , when I bought my car , a very big reason was based on the various posts and experiences that you had mentioned on various forums . To see you suffering due to this delinquency from FIAT is very painful. I have a suggestion. Please mention your problem on the FIAT official facebook page http://www.facebook.com/fiat.
    Be brief and to the point ; mention the dealer as well and your whole experience ; also mention any compliant number that you have got. I have a feeling it will work and if it doesnt then it wont make the matters worse. All this stuff should be brought to notice of FIAT . Lets do whatever we can and then leave the rest to chance.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    well ,i feel hopeless..!!!
    thanks vivek.
    even today i will say punto(fiat ) is the car . but for the shoddy service (or lack of spare parts - precisely).
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    spoke to mr.gurumurhti today.
    he said work is in progress and 50percent job is done and it will be ready by 21st that is almost a week more than said time.