1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90HP- the wise choice.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by jayadev, Dec 22, 2010.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    The RSA doesnt work near chennai? :eek:
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    50 % should be for all non metallic parts. For all metallic parts you should get 100% (some nominal depreciation to be deducted)

Their usual excuse for delay is parts have not arrived. many times they dont order them on time as they wait to order them in bulk with other parts. For the parts that they say have been ordered, ask for the order number sternly.

did u call the number 1800 209 3428 for RSA or the individual dealer RSA numbers? usually the dealer ones don't respond. Even I had suffered with it and was advised to call on the toll free number next time by a service center CRM.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bad to see RSA response. Do contact Fiat contacts and register complaint.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    1800 209 3428 ,1800 209 5556, and whatever number in mobile service assistance booklet.
    toll free number was answered but...

on d'day ,i was totally confused what really fiat RSA means actually.
    i called chennai concorde,vellore vst(vijai sales) toll free helpline,kvr kannur,couple of my friends and whoever i thought would help me.
    toll free helpline remains biggest bu*^sh## .the lady immediately taught me that it is an accident so whatever to be done would be levied from my pocket. may it be towing or any technician coming for a visit.that is not what i intend to hear in such a serious situation.
    then she connected me to a local towing agent who neither understand english nor hindi or malayalam,she said to me that she is also not able to understand him so i had to talk to him directly and she set a conference call where she remained hearing our conversation.

nothing he knew about fiat or service centre and he mentioned he need 3 more hours to reach us as he is 50km away and buzy with somebody else and would take the car wherever we want charging Rs.4500 for 50km.
    finally after all blah blah and yada yada, she asked "is everything fixed are you satisfied with the deal!!!"

she clearly stated that if it was any other kind of breakdown the RSA would help free of cost but if it is an accident then towing to repairs , everything would be charged.
    i argued and double confirmed with her regarding the RSA but all in vain.

my next call was to vst (tata)vellore 50km from accident spot; i got the fone number of GM(chevy) showroom vellore from autowallah, he understood my situation and tried to help. so he called vst vellore and connected me through.
    the VST guys simply refused when he heard Fiat. he said, they strictly takes care of tata cars only he wouldnt even look at fiat car. when GM guy interupted and requested just to see whether basic things can be fixed at least to make it to chennai.but vst guys started to talk greek and arabic with pressure of 70psi,condensor,radiator blah blah.. so take to concorde chenai we cannot do anything.!!!

i called concorde chennai,and thorougly explained my condition to Mr.Gurumurthi.he was kind enough and requested me somehow bring it to chennai as towing tuck would take hours to reach there and they generally do not tow out of city,he said ,he will try to get the towing charges from insurance and even if we get late he will wait for me.
    anyway we reached chennai at 9.30pm before that Gurumurthi called me and said it is too late he will miss his commute,so he asked security guys to take care of my needs which was duly done.

i talked to insurance surveyor on fone who did survey on my car. he says 50 percent for plastics and 80 percent for metal. i dont get it why service guys says 50percent only for everything.

Ravi, even though i am not in such a frame of mind to go for it yet i wonder whether it could get anywhere fruitful.
    we started towing at 11am and reached chennai at 9.30 pm ,million times one thought came in my mind and still popping up ,that i shouldn't have bought fiat ,such a deserted brand many people warned me when i was going for it saying"fiat car maybe good but when you are in real trouble they will mock at you ."ridiculous helpline. warehouse fire,spare parts unavailability,exorbitant estimates , tentative replies; "it will take 1 month at least, but it can take longer depending upon spare parts "
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  5. prkothan

prkothan

The electronic car feel is more evident in TJET. Its goes on on and on. :) What a wonderful feel.

Regards,
    Prasanna
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    prkothan, the feel is equally great in all fiat cars. :). except t-jet rest are underpowered. rest assured if i have to buy one more car it would be fiat again :p
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  7. Sorry to hear about your accident jaidev. Well I had a breakdown 80kms north of chennai and RSA was provided free of cost. The lady has conferenced me with the towing provider and he could not speak hindi and I could not speak Tamil and the lady kept asking whether the deal is done. I have escalated this to RSA head and have rated RSA service as zero. I have reported the issue at 11 and reached chennai at 11pm. Inspire of me telling them that the power steering oil has drained out and getting me a bottle of oil with a mechanic can at-least enable me to limp to chennai which was turned down by the call centre. I believe such incidents do happen with other manufacturers as well as in India the customer is always the second.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    exactly !! that is where i feel it is useless to complain to fiat officials.
    afaik they got thickest skin and their response would be "look at him, another Bakra"!!!

i dont understand why RSA is done by TVS why cant tata or fiat themselves??
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From where you got this information?

Europ Assistance does the RSA for Fiat in India, as well as world over. It is supposed to be one of the best RSA in the world.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    up here in my hometown (Kannur ,kerala) it is done by TVS ,clearly mentioned by my dealer. and in chennai when i was calling for help somebody mentioned TVS.