1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90HP- the wise choice.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by jayadev, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    OMG, Grande should be taken due car in these streets.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    if you happen to visit kannur ask anybody what is traffic signals and traffic lights. for a kannurian such thing dont exist in present universe..!!!

thanks to extra aggressive people of kerala . nobody does dare to kiss your car so easily and carelessly as in big cities. so it is bit on safer side compared to mumbai n chennai .

TFI members from kannur can confirm it.
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    guys myself no more punting she met with an accident on 11th.
    she is now at concord chennai. and would take around 1 month to get it back on road.

we were 4 passenger on board going to chennai (all are safe and unhurt)

incident took place at vellore 200km west of chennai.

it happened on two lane track when a truck going on right lane suddenly changed lane and almost came over me , to avoid the truck i had to divert my car off lane hitting a tractor tire left unattended by villager. saw the tire shooting into nearby bush, and probably truck wallah dint even realize something happened behind him.

drive safe.

punto-velloreTN.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    OMG. I hope all of you are fine.

Gurjinder.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry to see image of your car. Thank God all are safe. But what about Airbags ?
    Didn't they open ?
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    gurjinder ,we are all safe and punto earned more respect from all 4 of us as a safe car.

the Airbags did not open.impact was at 40-50kmh. nothing much we felt inside (possibly most of the shock was observed by the body) .my brother at back seat thought it was just a hard braking. but when he came out and saw the disaster his face turned pale.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh!! Sad to hear this Jayadev ji. But happy to know that no one was hurt. Machine is nothing when compared to humans.

Our roads are not meant for very high speed driving. Keeping a tractor tyre unattended like this is a criminal mistake.

Edit- I see skid marks on road. Did the ABS work well?
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Jayadev, thank god all of u were unhurt in the accident with the punto taking all the damage on herself without passing anything to u guys..
    has the repair work started? how much is the estimate.. one month time is too much i feel.. push them to do it faster..
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yes abs worked well (i think so) i felt the grumbling on brake pedal in those last moment. those tire marks might have happened due to extreme maneuvering .

concord service guys quoted 1 lakh for complete job. radiator,intercooler,bonnet left HL, bumper etc need replacement.
    he siad the insurance recovery would be only 50 percent as it is from Future generali. i dont know yet why is it only 50 percent.

for the repairs they said minimum 1 month or more (as usual) .
    he added, recently fiat Chennai go down suffered fire accident so spare parts procurement may take even longer time.(god knows how far it is true)

regarding the incident i have a very bad experience considering fiat side , no rsa,no proper helpline,no service centre. i myself towed punto from vellore to chennai concord covering almost 200km paying Rs.15000 with the help of local villagers.

accedent.jpg

punto-towed-200kms.jpg
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Just 50% of the total claim amount? That's fishy, very.

Checkup with Future generali to check what their policies actually are.