1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90HP- the wise choice.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by jayadev, Dec 22, 2010.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    thanks tony,

but i request ,please do not compare fiat with japanese and korean cars. relating to them definitly shadows the splendour offiat cars.

i do not mean japs and koreans are bad but i mean there is a huge difference or shall i say a huge gap?

it feels like relating aluminium to steel. where aluminium is aluminium and steel is definitly steel.
    __________________________________________________________________________________

today again one of my friend requested (through fone)for a drive well i was not with him so i asked my brother to guide him,said friend was opting for suzuki alto,wagon-r or indica vista (he has been using rental cars). now after tasting the sheer brilliance of italian engineering he is just stuck. as unfortunately he does not have budget for punto and do not want previously thought cars either.the last words is still echoing in my ears which makes me a proud fiat owner
    "after driving all those cars since so many years it is today i drive a different car where i felt i am driving than just boring sitting "
    glad to see that he was very happy as he kept repeating how he felt.i think he dropped the idea of car purchase for a while.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    today 15jan11 first serivice of punto is done. gifted her with fiat floor mats with punto written ,Door Sil Protection Plate,triple layer under-body coating from service centre costing rs.4654/-
    additionally polk audio component speakers for front side doors rs.7000/-,antiglare lamination for windsreen and window lamination both 10500/- and changed headlamps to philips xprs.850/-.

service experience:- 9.30am reached ss, service manager looked at punto and got shocked, asked the technician to take it for washing . yes she did a 700km long trip too much dirt she would wear.
    i asked how long it would take ,he asked me gently about the complications or issues faced so far.
    i said -
    1)couple of times the remote key wont work
    2)i think i heard some noise while pressing the clutch at early morning(like kee-kee )when engine is off , may be lack of lubrications .
    3)gear shift is bit notchy not so comfortable.but not problematic.
    4)regarding upgrade of ice and warenty

while talking to manager inside the service centre i was requested to sit inside the lounge by security guy as nobody is permitted to be in service centre due to safety concerns .
    service manager introduced me to ice guy. he said if he fixes anything of my choice then warranty would be intact yet fiat doesn't allows anything to be added in their cars. finally i negotiated for cabling and amplifiers by him and i will bring the woofers.

he shown me MAP MY INDIA gps guidance rs.19000/- very handy device but too dear i said i will consider it for future.
    he recomended me for a underbody body coating and paint protection.i agreed for underbody coating rs.3300 then he offered some accesories from fiat.
    10.30 am somebody brought the gatepass completing service centre work . i saw the manager again asking about the solved issues.he said,
    1.there is nothing with clutch it may be due to cold weather the rubber gasket and oil getting stiff.
    2. the key had some moisture inside may be due to sweat in pocket.
    3. gearshift is usual and the notchy part will wear off eventually as usual.
    i agreed.

i asked about k and n filter he said go ahead it is good one and would help you with regular cleaning and maintenance of the filter improving the quality of engine.
    i asked about pete's perfomance booster. he said it is not much of any use so not recomending ,the perfomance increase is not much discernible for Indian road conditions. need not spend your money morever if you remove it before bringing it to service centre its not easy to find out for us so dont worry about warranty thingi. there is no problems to engine or anywhere with people who are using it. except some knocking with some customers report.

i asked about rhemus free flow exhaust : he said again not recommending because for same above reasons as the exhaust have two filter which already is restricting the exhausts so present stock muffler is not giving any kind of/negligible resistance to overall output. those who say about big difference may be trying to cover up there money spend.
    he asked me to paint the grill black and the give alloy wheels gunmetal finish. for a meaner look!!
    finally at 1pm the car was in front of me after under body coating and additional works. exterior cleaning was wonderfull but interior i could see some dust inside the ac vents (only).

i thanked the service guy and with a glad heart bid him goodbye he also thanked me .

overal experience was outstanding with lot of things learnt and job got done well in time.
    there wasn't much of usual rush as it was saturday. most conjested days are wednesday,thursday and friday as said by securtiy for my special inquiry.

overall experience was great i would give 10/10 for it.
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Where did you get the service done?? SM seems very knowledgeable. Also please post some pics. Whats this 3 layer underbody coating??
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    kvr dream vehicles kannur.thats where i do service of my punto.
    yes sm is really a helpful man worth an appreciation . his name is mr. Varun Laxman, manager fiat service.
    underbody rubber coating that is al i know about it which prevents corrosion and such adverse effects.

lately team fiat is behaving strangely ,neither it accepts any pictures nor any comments so i am not much keen to upload images . let me see some advice from mods .
  5. hey jaydev, this is what xatly wot i wish to say about my (90 HP GP), anyway thnx vry mch for conveyin my thoughts!!! its like true fiatian have same wave length ryt?
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Even the same thing with me, when my Punto had gone for the 2nd service, the Advisor recomended to do the under body coating and also coating for the engine which was done . They were very keen on hearing the issues with the punto, I was putting Power Petrol (New Mumbai), the service advisor said no need for the power petrol in this car, the engine is designed to suite the normal unleaded petrol, which is available all over the country,
    the FE is was getting with power was 11.8 (City) and 13.8 (Highway) on odometer, have clocked 4800 KMS. (ONLY)
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    absolutely right . leave aside our fiat fan thingie for a moment and imagine which could be the better hatchback in india other the fiat i did not find one yet.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    hoping that image uploading is alright now

my gp 90 hp (2).jpg

my gp 90 hp (5).jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, first time I am seeing some Punto with mud-flap looking good.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Jaydev, The mudguards are perfectly matching the car, I need to get them for my medium Grey Punto, From where did you get them.
    Drive safe.