1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90HP- the wise choice.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by jayadev, Dec 22, 2010.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

redbull you are absolutely right.
    everytime i press accelerator pedal it brings a smile on my face, so is the case with brakes as if the rubber got cemented to tarmac -icing on cake.

but should we not mention about those long and awkward clutch paddle;the worst achilles heel . again need getting used to and gets forgotten.

in begining, acceleration was bit painful after getting used to it there is no issue . but yes when overtaking at lower speed sometimes it is bit annoying compared to other cars in its segment.

the best part is i thought my previous car indica vista gave most comfortable ride with out any fatigue .
    but punto is in a different leauge. punto doesnt makes me feel i was driving for long period. credit goes to its super reflex steering and inspiring brakes.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Wish you merry Christmas and a long lasting relationship with Punto - the car with a soul
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    thank you vasudev, and merry christhmas to you too.
    do let us know about your ride i believe it is palio .
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i went with my punto at 10.30am guy attended and listned to my issues ..said within one hour......wait wait..wait..at the lounge....12pm..i lost my temper..enquired the receptionist woman..she did some drama of calling someone and smiles back and kept quite ...served a mango fruity......1.30pm i stand up bit seriously i asked whats the problem where is my car? ...she says "sir, can you go to service area and have a look......i got irritated and walk towards service station ...i see my punto in sun .. security stops me saying its lunch time and everybody has gone for lunch....i get furious ...do you expect me to stay hungry untill then.....the security guys smell some problem and call some people ..a boy came running and said the car is fixed but need the gate pass....i raise my voice little bit...another fone call ..and i was told to take my car .....got into the boiling cabin ...fully irritated and starving almost 2pm... somebody called for feedback i pour my anger at disconnect the fone...

thankfully the service was good and issuess were solved very well.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    lets go for another long drive ...like sailing through skies..!!
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Right Said Jaydev, it handles the curves like cutting butter with a hot knife, and believe me i was on my way back from the Nashik Church and i had almost given the Honda City a hard Time, I touched 135 kmph twice on a straight stretch but he used to overtake me on a long stretch, (mine is a 1.2 ACTIVE), but on the cornering it was superb hats off to PUNTO, when stopped at Kalyan for a Tea break i saw that same Honda City also parked in the same Parking lot, Believe me the guy who was driving the City can to me saying wat is the CC of the car, when i said its 1.2, he was amazed and asked me if he can sit on the driver seat, I could read his face he was just admiring the Car. :dancing
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Right Said Jaydev, it handles the curves like cutting butter with a hot knife, and believe me i was on my way back from the Nashik Church and i had almost given the Honda City a hard Time, I touched 135 kmph twice on a straight stretch but he used to overtake me on a long stretch, (mine is a 1.2 ACTIVE), but on the cornering it was superb hats off to PUNTO, when stopped at Kalyan for a Tea break i saw that same Honda City also parked in the same Parking lot, Believe me the guy who was driving the City can to me saying wat is the CC of the car, when i said its 1.2, he was amazed and asked me if he can sit on the driver seat, I could read his face he was just admiring the Car. :dancing
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    a christmas gift from brother "an eve with punto"
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    tony you are absolutely right. many people often come asking about our punto, they want to sit in it and definitely admiration guaranteed. it feels good that my friends who were against buying or recommending fiat are themselves planning for it. at present they are eagerly looking forward to every kind of reviews and sources available..!!

with my punto i hit the nail too hard for them to deny the potentials of fiat.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Job well done Jaydev, FIAT officials are you listening, we at the TFI's convience people to go for Fiat brands by explaning them about the car, Come give more attractive commercials of the Newspapers and Tv's.Many Indians donno the True factors of Punto and Linea, they just see it as the other Japanese / Korean cars. And steps back due to A.S.S that has been rooted in their mind :hit
    My cousin who had a Palio SLX wanted to go for Ritz, i asked him to come to my place, and told him to have a punto for a ride, he was so admirring th punto that he convinced my sis-in-law (His wife) that we will go for Punto forget ritz saying there are so many great option available and its a Italian Car.H will book the Gp in 1st week of Jan 2011. :car