1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90HP- the wise choice.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by jayadev, Dec 22, 2010.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    31000km on ODO. Happy fiat owner.

Third service done @Rs3600,No Oil change (?)Post servicing It feels more free revving.
    Stock,Brake pad,Disc,tire.

Glad to inform that my Honda friends are envious to this beast for its ride quality and sturdiness.

Sturdy as ever!:-D

Picture 037.jpg
    Saji Babu, Tony and mchanna like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Congrats Jaydev for completing 3 Happy years and 31K happy miles.
    Wish you many more happy and smiley miles!!!
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today I am mindblown!!

Mindblown to see fantastic changes in Fiat service center in my Locality.

Now they have separate Fiat only work shop and lot of New faces, all less mouth and more work .

I went there hesitatingly remembering all those instance of ignorance and slack. But Viola,Those incidents are History.

As usual I expected unpleasant words like "Buzy,come later,keep it here we will have a look "etc..But none..moment I proposed my grief,they brought the EBD computer and connected to my Punto and fault was Identified. RHS ABS sensor failed.

They voluntarily suggested cleaning of sensor which may resolve the issue if Im lucky,else order a new one which will arrive within a week.

The Abs Failure warning disappeared ..My heart said WOW,Am I dreaming ?

He gave his visiting card and asked me to call if the warning comes again..unfortunately it did.

End of the day I was a Happy Fiat Owner...a very happy indeed.

32500km on Odo.All stock Punto90hp but brake pad changed,

punto.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This beauty is for Sale..38500km on the odo 5 years of beautiful experience, gracefully aged with no complaints or breakdowns ever.
    Everything stock,including the goodyear tire,Battery ,ICE upgraded to Polk audio speakers with a boost amplifier and High vision Headlamps
    Recently done full servicing including change of Elastic pads,wiper blades and Bosch brake pads.
    Fuel efficiency of 18-22km/l on Highways.
    vehicle Insurance Premium paid last week.

Asking price 5.25Lakh.

Thanking KVR fiat Kannur team for taking a good care this beauty,They have all the history incase of any reference.

Reason for sale : Punto Abarth !!
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @jayadev

Lucky you. Understandably you are trading the 90 Hp for the monster 145 hp. All the best. I hope the 90hp gets an equally passionate owner. Will be waiting for the ownership review of the Abarth Punto.
    Turbothinghy and jayadev like this.
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @jayadev
    congrats ...i think you will be the first owner of Abarth in kannur.

just looking at the kms covered in your 90 hp in 5 years i believe you have made a great and sensible decision.
    jayadev likes this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    3rd Service for just 3600 Re. i can say that fiat is the most cheap in terms of maintenance cost. mahn am abusing my tjet to the core but no issues at all, indeed these machines are built like tank.
    jayadev likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @jayadev

Suggest to post the car details in the TFI classified section.

Thats strange an damn cheap. My 3rd service costed me double almost 7.5K. I hope all the essential filters were replaced.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    How did i Miss This, Congrats jaydev. @godhur i was quoting jaydev' post. my third service cost was around 7000.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After 5 years of ownership I would say,Fiat is a sensible buy,especially considering safety and overall cost of ownership.
    Safety, I mean not just the shell, but braking as well road on behaviour,Punto excels ahead of rest.

Most of my journeys had been long from Kannur to Bangalore,Coimbatore,Kochin,Kottayam,Trivandrum,Mangalore,Chennai. It was comfortable and fuel efficient returning above18-19kmpl most of the time.
    Attaching a recent picture.

Punto.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 28, 2015 ---
    No,The filter were replaced recently.As she didn't run much, Fass suggested minimum essential replacements only. Great savings.
    Happy ownership.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    pabhishek, Ravi and Murphy_Fiat like this.