1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90HP- the wise choice.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by jayadev, Dec 22, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey, if you think that the issue is taking your pleasure out of the drive, then get it checked. BUT then you are right that you should be prepared to face niggle as a result of opening up of entire clutch system.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Open it up only when :

1. When you want to replace the entire clutch assembly.
    2. There is no other alternative.

That said, it is a surprise to me that there is coarseness in the clutch just because of "age". At 13000 km's , the car is as old as a 3-4 year old child. So, it's really strange if the clutch starts to age at just 13,000km's.

Do get the slave and master cylinders checked for any sort of issues. They can cause improper clutch feel as well.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I bought her in 0ct'2010 so can i expect the infamous CSC issue?
    coarseness is something like when you have bad oil or dirt in balloon air pump or bicycle pump which is used to inflate tire. hope you get me . in morning it is bit coarse , after warming up it becomes very smooth and soft again. then again it pops up.
    Untill now i thought it was my psychological feel due to strain on knees or something ,truth got revealed when i did side by side comparison with brand new one.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    15000km

I am not impressed with the way of treatment, in the sense fiat recommends "Selenia engine oil " and Tata ass has used something else.

now what should I DO?

So did not take the car back yet..!!!

Help me guys please..!!

pls Check the Invoice

punto 2nd service.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Which oil did they use?

4L 'Synthetic' can mean Selenia (?). Even though Selenia WR and Selenia K are semi-synthetic.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Jaydev, the part number (starting with 0059) shows its from Fiat. Chill and enjoy Diwali.
    Trust your service guys.
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Whats the ornament and Electronic Control Unit?
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I asked the service exe through Phone he have no Idea ,even about "Selenia" for which he needs to confirm it with technician or somebody else (Thanks to his naivety)

Well this is all funny and I believe this is how Tass is extracting money out of Fiat or I may be wrong.

yesterday they asked to pay the Bill and take the Car.Today on further inquiry of particulars in the invoice ,they shied away saying that those were "by mistake" being entered into. so they will redo it with an updated one.

The work done for clutch "oiling and greasing"[remember bit of course feeling] was not satisfactory, checked it side by side with a brand new punto. but they agreed to open up the clutch assembly to check plates and release mechanism (sorry for those terms dont know he exact names) which would be possible on coming 5th as presently there is too much rush there.

Anyway ..Everything is fine ..much much...far far better than how she used to be.

Mild vibrations are all gone, even revving up high to 3000rpm she doesn't roars anymore but whines now.[bit exaggerating :) ]
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    did they charge you for 4 litres of oil? ideally they shouldnt. glad to know you are back to india :)
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Niggles has started it seems.
    17500km
    Mid shows.
    Airbag failure-see handbook

red "Airbag light" lights up for couple of seconds and goes off.
    It happened 2 times in 5 hours.

WHEN :-
    1.While travelling through a seriously bad road (very common in Kerala), going slow was getting very irritating so run bit faster ,whole car was like on vibrator mode. and suddenly heard a beep and red Airbag light.
    2. Reached home while parking.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012