1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90HP suspension

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by sacaggarwal, Mar 26, 2016.

1. sacaggarwal

sacaggarwal Timido

Fiat Enthusiast
    Thank-you for encouraging words. Next month service is due and i will discuss with fass. From all the discussion, what i understood is that this issue can come, if engine is not at optimun temperature. So if we have a slope immediately after starting, we need to take some care like idling.

I have 195/55/R16 oem tires and ride is harsh, but handling is good. I drove upto 160 kmph on bangalore vellore route last week and stability was awesome.

So i feel i have to live with slow speed stiff ride ( and very good high speed ride ). cold engine slope power issue, will discuss with FASS during next service. Overall happy with the beauty
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 26, 2016 ---
    I too went to yelagiri last week with hair pin sharp bends, slope, and found no issues at all. That is why it seems, when cold, cpu is programmed not to allow much revolution to prevent damage to engine. But not found anything like this online.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Sachin any update on your issue? I too have 90hp and 195 55 16rim. I feel tyres to be OK. Fiat's suspension is far better than others but you can't expect it like a road roller at low speeds. You wil feel the unevenness of the road but this is less compared to other cars. Where punto shines is at the high speed. I was cruising at 120 constantly on a bumpy road without any hassle.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sacaggarwal : Bro 16 inches have even lesser aspect ratio because of which the ride would be a little stiffer at least speeds. That's normal. But once you start rolling that suspension would eat everything on the road and the ride quality would become better, in fact the best in the segment.