1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by p0peye, May 10, 2012.

1. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    @ Enki

The Gearbox no, no of cogs and torque ratings (in Nm) are as follows (mentioned till M32)

1. C513, 5 and 143
    2. C514, 5/6 and 147
    3. C510, 5 and 206
    4. M20, 6 and 230
    5. 2830, 5 and 300
    6. C530, 5/6 and 305
    7. M32, 6 and 320

This is the bottom half list of gearboxes that FPT (Fiat Powertrain Technologies) has in their kitty.

The 13th and final transmission is 2895 with 9 gears and torque rated at 950 Nm

It will be more than enough even if we get the M20.

Cheers!!!

Amit
  2. p0peye

p0peye

Chennai
    I called him now and told him I need a new Exotica Red 90 hp and it doesn't matter if it's a sports version and I am ready to pay the extra. He replied he would call tomorrow and update me the complete status regarding this.
    Btw, what is the approx. waiting period for Punto. I was told 25 days. :(

3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Amitp, i respect your analysis but does it make sense that they will use M32 in Punto's sports version than their flagship Linea MJD? That's why i doubt this. if it is to be introduced, it should be a linea with 1.6 MJD:p

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

This one looks like the one for Maserati Kubang..!!
    Also they are introducing ZF sourced 9 speed automatic which will provide 15% more efficiency on dualogic.
    Where Dualogic is already 10% more efficient than manuals (20% more efficient than conventional automatics), this ZF 9 speed bends the mind..!! That more than 25% saving on fuel & increased performance. FIAT/Chrysler has got the license for manufacturing this ZF sourced automatic & very first introduction will be in 2013 Dodge Dart which would tear apart the fuel consumption stats of US compact market:mrgreen:
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No way.

Next time when you call Concorde, connect with Mr. Raman. Tell him that you are part of this forum.
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  5. p0peye

p0peye

Chennai

Can you share the contact details of Mr.Raman?
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Bang on Ramjn. This is just a ruse to sell the existing stock. Ha ha.

Abdul
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That is must for a "Sport":lol
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3