1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by p0peye, May 10, 2012.

1. p0peye

I decided long back to start posting only after I buy a car. Finally, I have booked a Punto 90hp last saturday:)dancing), so here I am. The final on-road price was 8.2lacs

The main reason for posting this:
    The dealer called me yesterday and informed me that very recently Fiat is sending only sports version(only for 90 HP) and it would cost an additional 30k. And if I want the current version they have a BNW & TW color 90 HP already with them which they can deliver.
    Moreover when I asked what are the additional features I can expect from sport version, he is not clear about it either.

So, I am not sure about this sport version as I googled in net and couldn't find any information. Or is this dealer trying to sell me the car which he currently has in his stockyard.:confused:

So guys, does any of you have any idea on this sports version or any updates???

- AJ
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All we knew was that a new 2012 90 hp was about to launch in april, this was told when the 2012 punto n linea were launched some months back ! and no news about that after. This is so bad that there is not a single promotional activitty ot atleast a hint about the new model ! my friend s about to take delivery of his new 90hp and nothing had been mentioned about this to him so far... If he knew it.. he could have waited for this new one !
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Pls get to know that if this version of 90HPs have all 4 discs/bigger calipers etc. etc.
    That may provide the existing owners the oppurtunity to upgrade existing 2 disc brake setup to 4 discs at FIAT premises only:p.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    @pOpeye, which location are you from and which dealer gave you this information?

If that news is to be believed, I think Fiat may officially launch the new 90HP version anytime.
  5. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Hi Guys,

I hope that the following should throw some light on it.
    I was under the impression that Fiat can give a 6 speed box, all four discs, 16" rims to give some justice to the "Sport" tag. I had put up a decent write up about the same on Fiat India's Facebook Page which has been deleted. My expectations are minimal considering what they sold in Europe in 2009.
    But as Gurjinder rightly mentioned when I queried to him, the flagship model being the Linea we can expect auto lights & wipers and an arm rest which is logical.

If you wish to know some specs of the Grande Punto Sport they would be as follows

Grande Punto Sport (2009)
    Gearbox M32 (6 speed) torque rated at 320 nm above the M20, 2830, C530 all of which are above the C510/C514 used in India.
    Standard tyre size - 205/45 R 17 (Kindly note that this size is considered normal, widest option was 275/35 R17 and largest rim size option was 245/30 R19)
    Braking - Uprated discs on all 4 wheels depending on the rim size chosen

Note - The Abarth versions are substantially better than this and the best variant would be the S2000.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  6. p0peye

I am from Chennai and I got this information from Concorde Motors, Velachery, Chennai.

7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

i got the same information from Concorde Velachery 3 months ago when I was booking my 90HP.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

90HP with M32:confused:
    why linea MJD is without M32?
    I have doubts here but 6 speed manual will absolutely transform Punto/Linea in rockets!
    For braking, it may be true.
  9. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

I had made enquiries in kerala and no one has a clue about the launch of the Sport. Initially the sport was showcased at the Autoshow was with 17inch alloys, panaromic sunroof, sports seats, pedals with a sport spoilers and decals. I doubt that Fiat would launch the sport as it might fall into the most expensive category of hatchbacks and will have a few takers
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    If this is true, the Chennai dealer may be trying to sell the existing stock first before ordering for fresh pieces. That might be a marketing gimmick to make the customer buy a car which is already available.

@pOpoye - Ask the dealer whether they will accept the booking for the Punto Sports. Tell them that you are ready to book one. Let us see the reaction from them :D. Also, tell them that other dealers are ready to give 90HP whatever color you want.