1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version - Launching on 18th May

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by true fan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    7 seater ertiga is sharing the same 1.3 engine. Are they telling that there is a difference between the two
    Fuence also has the same 1.5 engine that used in micra
    Altis uses the same 1.4 engine used in Etios.

Still those cars are moving. A sensible person will go for a test drive or take some body who knows driving for a test drive before buying a vehicle.
    1 person likes this.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I think the topic has diverted into a completely different direction now.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    If that was true, Fiat would be selling more than Maruti+Hyundai and everybody would be driving a Fiat.
  4. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I completely agree on this! Cause i too have driven the 90hp for a while, though i own the 2009 Linea MJD, that has only 87bhp, i felt the acceleration of 2011 90hp Punto to be little less than that of Linea. And have TD even 2012 Linea MJD, but i felt the pull in the 1st gear to be better than my 87bhp Linea as well as the 90hp Punto.

And if this ''sport'' version is really a re-tuned version of 90hp punto, then this might be the 2nd Fiat in our family, replacing M800! Eagerly waiting for the launch!
    2 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks Fiat is getting ready for launch -

Missing.jpg
  6. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    One thing I have inferred so far after few pages of discussion is that, those who have driven both 90HP and Linea clearly realize that Linea is faster :D.
    1 person likes this.
  8. p0peye

p0peye

Chennai
    I spoke to Mr.Raman (Concorde Motors, Chennai) and he told they had the product updates yesterday from Fiat team. And following are the changes he mentioned to me

1. Decals / Graphics on the Body
    2. Sporty pedals
    3. Red stitching in Gear Knobs
    4. Little bit of additional chrome here and there.
    5. Chrome tip exhaust
    6. PUNTO Door sill plates

No update on the price though! It seems that he will get the price update from Fiat only tomorrow. Hopefully I will this info on Saturday.
    And he is expecting a BNW Punto sports version in 4 days time. I will have a look it at and have to decide on the color again :punch

Looks like my waiting period is increasing :(

- AJ
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

Feeling is very relative term. If you dont believe ask Tron of our forum. He visited me last sunday. The great co-incidence was that my odo reading was 23660 and his reading was exactly the same i.e 23660.

He drove my linea was shocked to see how quick my car was. Now both are lineas.

Ok coming to the main point linea is heavier than punto. So while driving linea one tends to push accelerator pedal mode before shifting to next gear.

On the assembly line any 90hp VGT engine is picked up and either fitted in punto or linea. There is no sorting whatsoever.

Further on the engine test rig in the plant it has been observed that the variance in engine bhp for 90hp is between 90-100bhp. i.e some engines show more power while some less.

I have driven kedars punto 90 so many times and i always feel its fast.

As i said you cannot compare by trying cars with same engine as there will always be some difference. but technically on paper the engines are DITTO.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Browse back couple of pages and you will see the same update from Sathya.

The pricing is what I am looking at eagerly right now. If the price difference between the existing 90HP and this Sports is around 10-15k, then it is just a cosmetic work for sure. If the difference is more than 30k or so, then there is a fair chance of some difference. I will head to Concorde for the TD on Saturday. Let us wait and see.

I know that technically on paper they are same. But, I am reporting this difference because I have driven 15k kms in my 90HP and the moment I started driving Linea, it is visibly quicker for me. And also with the same driving style, I am getting better FE in Linea than the Punto 90.

I have to believe on what I have experienced after all :D.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.