1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version - Launching on 18th May

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by true fan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Totally agree with! Guys who noticed differance in acceleration & torque
    is due to differance in fuel quality. Coz Multijet motor is extremely sensitive to bad fuel.

I have MJD & DDiS from last 3 years. I found that even I put fuel in both car same time & from same bunk, DDiS runs happily on same bad fuel. But MJD refuses to give satisfactory output.

Reason is compression ratio & gear ratio. Engines with high compression ratio & short geat ratio need genuine fuel quality. Even I noticed this theory on my pulsar 220 also.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I drove the 90HP for 15k Kms and I know better how it drives. Once I switched over to Linea MJD, I am feeling it has got better acceleration than the 90HP. Even Linea is better than the 15k driven 90HP.
  3. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4

IF TRUE THEN......................

PHEW!! That was one hell of a list to market a car with the "SPORTS" badge!!! (that too from a manufacturer who has a sports car vertical - read Ferrari PERIOD)

nothing to say from a FIAT FAN BOY perspective except i want to sum it up by saying----that fiat officials missed the boat by not concluding the "SPORTS" package by also bundling in a sports T shirt, a racer pant, a cap and probably a sports badged underwear PERIOD.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Hmm, thats actually true! Even i drive my Linea and i drove the 90HP also, but some Linea feels a bit faster..
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I drove the 90HP for 15k Kms and I know better how it drives. Once I switched over to Linea MJD, I am feeling it has got better acceleration than the 90HP. Even Linea is better than the 15k driven 90HP.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If we look at Figo and fiesta TDCI does Figo enjoys the advantage of being having less weight. Even I have read reviews were people telling Fiesta is more fun to drive.
    It make sense to believe that Fiat has done some change in Linea to make it more quicker. When I have driven the Linea it surprised me with the agility. I was expecting little less from punto since it was heavier. My driving experience of Linea is very limited and I cannot make a valid claim. But what ramjn had used palio and punto 90 hp before using Linea.What he observed make sense. So the question is whether difference is in tuning ? Other possibility is that it has better power delivery on wheels.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    is everything same on paper? Engine, Gearbox/transmission, Turbo etc etc?
    I wonder why won't Fiat advertize if this is true because I have heard a lot of people bypass the Linea purchase due to an underpowered engine. they think the same engine does duty on a Fiat hatchback so the sedan deserves a bigger engine to match the power to weight ratio. if something is different, I should be able to convince a friend to pickup the Linea next month :)
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That is silly argument. They have underpowered bain. They should have test driven the Linea instead of doing mental arithmetic.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @bhai

bhai saab, here we are comparing between MJD in 90HP and Linea. Why do you want to drag the DDIS into picture here? I fuel my Linea at the same place where I used to fuel my 90HP. Hope, this clarifies. Let us put aside your infamous theory of MJD's being sensitive to adultered fuel :).
    1 person likes this.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    it ain't silly at all. Enthusiasts can discuss these things and then decide to TD and realize the truth. For the masses to buy, the company needs to claim that there is a difference between the two cars despite having the same engine. Only then will it gather any attention. Everybody on TFI is outside the so called "masses".

Any way, I look forward to get a practical insight during our trip to Yelagiri shortly. Linea Volunteers :confused:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.