1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version - Launching on 18th May

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by true fan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How many enthusiasts would be ready to pay 15L+ for a Fiat Power Hatch? :D
    No company can survive by manufacturing cars only for the enthusiasts.
    1 person likes this.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Today morning as I was commuting to my work place here in The Netherlands I spotted a Fiat Bravo parked and thought, Wow what a car, I wish they launched this in India. Then I thought to myself, what would be its fate in India. Why would some one buy a "Hatch back" priced at above 12 lakhs minimum. No one would care the dynamics or the engine specifications of the car. Instead they expect a "Lambiiiiii Gaadiiiii" for anything more than 10 Lakhs. I still remember though Punto was launched way back in 2009, when I told few people that I have bought a Punto in 2011, they were like .... "What??? What car is that?? Which company is it from??? Has it been launched recently?? and stuff ..... People were talking a lot about Hyundai Eon immediately after its launch. What good will it make for Fiat to launch a real Sport version with those hundreds of HPs and better gear ratios. It might just not work.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Where did you get this information that both cars are tuned differently or have different gear box?

Both have " DITTO" engines and same maps and same gearbox , not even a 0.000000001% difference.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I didn't get this from anywhere but from my own experience. I owned 90HP before getting the Linea MJD :).
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I've driven both the 90HP and Linea and they drive differently. One more question which may sound stupid - if both are tuned exactly same way shouldn't the 90 HP be quicker in a 0-100 sprint with it's lesser kerb weight? To my knowledge 90HP is slower to reach 100 than Linea.
  6. Even I've always felt that the Punto's 90hp engine was a bit different from the Linea's 90hp.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Count me in!!
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    hi Ramesh, just to be sure, between the 90 hp and linea that you owned, are you comparing them in their respective stages when they had run similar number of kms because its important that when we compare:1. both cars should have run comparable miles.2. the driver should have similar driving exp at the time of comparing because our driving skills also improve with timeAlthough when so many people are confessing, we have to believe it but still! :)
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Italia-Linea, Ram & Teky are sort of "making sense" i would say based on my driving experience too. When 90 HP was launched, FIAT's official timings for Linea & 90 HP were differentiating as much as 2 secs. If i remember correct, Linea was around 14 secs & 90 HP was around 15.XX secs. Though officially FIAT haven't stated anything like this, i am sure there is something intentional. Again that flagship vehicle intention. If 6.XX lacs hatchback will deliver equal/better performance than the flagship with +2 lacs, you know it hits the business interests. I would be surprised if Polo 1.6 will deliver equal performance to Vento 1.6 despite being substantially lighter.

Though may be 90HP is lacking that 2-3% performance edge, i preferred hatchback over sedan. My priority was performance but still 90 HP over linea? Reason was simple as Linea had 150 KG of additional undesired weight on it's trail & hatchback's agility can't be challenged. If you look closely, all performance saloon's are sort of hatchbacks with minimal boot.
    So that 2-3% performance compromise was neglected for 2-3% of better handling/agility/control manners. I think Punto is best balance of two worlds.

PS. 1 :Linea owners, that purely my view so pls ignore it;).

PS. 2: There are 2 opinions, mine one or the wrong one:lol
    1 person likes this.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    :chair: :chair::chair: :chair::chair:
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.