1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version - Launching on 18th May

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by true fan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True Sun. They have only 2 products currently and have to do some marketing to get noticed by the media. Limited Edition idea is good but that should not limit to just decals and chromes.

Do note that S10 LE was launched when GTX was on sale. Do you think that the difference between GTX and S10 is only the Yellow paint, skirting, spoilers and Sachin's Signature? Definitely not. S10 has got the different set of tune and came with a different gear box too. I am expecting something on this line for the Punto Sports LE version. Let us wait and see.
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Maybe they are tuned differently. I am not sure but I think in both the cars, only the Turbo is variable. the valves are not. I am be wrong.
  3. That's a valid point ramjn. All the Palio's had both 4th and 5th gears as overdrive but the S10 came out with only the 5th being overdrive. But not many know that the S10 had a different gear box! And neither did FIAT propagate the major technical changes in the S10 at that time. The prime focus was the Sachin graphics and other visual gizmos.
    2 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I too hope for the same.

As people say the 2012 punto is having better pick up than earlier, I expect the same in the new 90 Hp also. It should be able to take advantage of the less weight compared to its bigger brother, whatever reason it may be. But not with Sachin's signature this time since he sold his Ferrari;)
    2 people like this.
  5. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    True. This is driving me to think to remap the ECU of my 90HP.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will be there at venue on Friday. The caffe is very near from my office :dance...
    1 person likes this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lol..!! This new 90 HP will kill upcoming Ferrari F70 even before it is born. just wait for 2 days.
    What are you talking Ram:uh? If they think of changing drive ratio, still it's the same torque band they have to play in. If they do it for 1-2-3 gears for 0-100 timings of 12 secs, it's top range will be blunted & 160 km/hr will be DEAD end!
    What you are wishing & The best trade of both the world's can be fulfilled only one way. 6 Speed. Doesn't even need 2 ltr MJD's. This 90 HP will do 0-100 with in 12 secs & will easily hit the top speed of 220 km/hr. Sure FE is another added boost!
  8. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Hey Kedar, Are they launching it at the CAFFE in KP along with the CAFFE itself? :)
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Fiat India ain't going to spend a single rupee on the mechanicals this fiscal year! Bet that!
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Common guys let's make fiat new car success from customer point and fiat point let's put our enthu out of box nowadays all are reading forums and deciding to buy cars.let's appreciate fiats move let itbe any xyz company copy we need to service our cars in fiat next time :) I am in no offense of any one s comment here. Let's support :)
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.