1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version - Launching on 18th May

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by true fan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Just spoke to one of my close pals in one of the dealer networks to understand the changes (looks like the person just came out of the meeting about 90Hp). The changes have disappointed me to a great extent.. The changes include.

1. Decals / Graphics on the Body
    2. Sporty pedals as in Palio 1.6 GTX / S10
    3. Red stitching in seats
    4. Little bit of additional chrome here and there.
    5. Chrome tip exhaust
    6. PUNTO Door sill plates

No changes with respect to engine specs or not even spoilers in a sports model and NO 16 inch wheels! This is disappointing since all of these can be had aftermarket or OEM acc.. Having said that, we will see what happens on 18th. Whats the true substance.

There is no update on pricing as yet.
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If there is only cosmetic changes planned for the Sports version, then it is really disappointing move. But, again I reserve my comments until I drive the Sports version of the car. A Fiat just can't be judged based on paper specs :). The reason for me saying this is, I strongly believe that the MJD in Linea and current 90HP punto are not the same. What if the Sport version get the same MJD of Linea? In that case, it can do 0-100 in 12 odd seconds. That's the reason why I wanted to drive one before commenting on this move by Fiat.
  3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Wonder where they have added the additional chrome?!?:confused: They should have atleast added the leather seats, for the increase in price as speculated. And hope, they have really worked hard in re-tuning the engine with proper gear ratio!
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's on the door latch as per the SA I spoke to, May be above the glove box ala the T-Jet. The car is in transit currently and there is a soft launch on 18th happening in Chennai. May be we will get a chance to drive the car this weekend if it arrives on time. He was pretty disappointed as well because the customers who come for this will be well informed and don't fall for this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No, this is not even business! I am sorry to say, but this is nothing but heights of stupidity!
    If they seriously wanted to do business, they would do proper marcomm efforts. If they seriously plan to launch the Sports LE version, why are they not building expectation in the market with campaigns and ads? Here, we, a bunch of fans, are discussing FIAT's future launches without even having any official or confirmed information from FIAT. Do they think that FIAT just needs to launch the model and people will come and buy the Sports LE like mad!
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    What's the difference in Linea and 90HP MJD?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You need to drive it to understand better. On paper both are same. But, Linea MJD accelerates much better than the 90HP. First 2 gears in 90HP were very boring. But, in Linea MJD the fun starts from 2nd gear onwards. It pulls madly. To add to my surprise, I am getting better FE with Linea than 90HP.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

The actual problem is when FIAT launched one true "Sport" model (Palio GTX), our market was not evolved enough. Today when FIAT launched another true "Sport" model, the T jet (a true successor to Palio GTX), market is still not evolved:mrgreen:. Yes, fuel costs are a factor but why not for Vtec's & VW's? Absolutely best & GEM of a machine ruined because of dumbing down of people by media. May be a Tjet equivalent spirited diesel will sell better but it won't set sales stats on fire. I don't think doing it for any average customer would yield anything to FIAT. But when they call it "sport", i would take it as a FIAT's good will for it's passionate followers. The followers who are waiting for a true enthusiastic machine from FIAT so that they ca engrave "FIAT" Tattoo on their forearms, elbows, biceps & ....??, What a good will. Fiat, earlier you use to ditch average Indian customer but indeed true to your passionate followers. Now you don't give a crap about average Indian customer as well as your passionate followers! I wonder what you are trying to achieve here:confused:
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    May be the sports version will look like this -

Fiat_Punto_Sports.jpg

Fiat-Punto-Sports.jpg

this was also seen when TFI did the factory visit -

3425d1294852718-factory-visit-3rd-dec-2010-report-page-6-onwards-_mg_0378.jpg
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I personally don't like chrome on Punto. It doesn't need any chrome for the commanding phase of it. It is a sport hatch. Doesn't need a sport version. Any variant is sporty. What it needed is a better rubber and Linea's tuning. Nothing else.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.