1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version - Launching on 18th May

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by true fan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    The sports version will be a limited edition in 3 colors

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  2. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Instead of cosmetic upgrades they should have worked with the gear ratios and a 100 HP limited edition for the enthusiast.
    I think its a hyundai and maruti gimmick fiat is trying to come out with to fool the Indian customer. Fiat fails to understand that the customers who opt for Fiat are well aware of the brand and technologies that prevail. Adding decals and door sills wont work out. Its been a bit cheap from the part of Fiat to do this. As Enki said "suggest these @#$%^&&* to do that red stitching on their butts instead".
    Fiat Stop fooling around.. Give us real stuff. Don't wait for the competitors to kill you.You have the best of engines and technology. Bring it out. Kill the competitors before you are washed away off the Indian shore. Do it now.. Its high time that u wake up from your slumber.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hold on. Do we really know what is going to be offered in the Limited Edition 90HP? I don't think anyone have clear answer to this.
    1 person likes this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Very true as well, But Fiat may have read the Indian market correctly and would be probably offering decals as Sports version. If indeed it's having the Linea Turbo & Tuning this is going to be definitely faster than the current hatch crop, with Linea doing 0-100 in 14 Sec this should be better with lesser kerb weight. Let's wish we get the best but if it's going to be mere sticker job no point in having a launch party because this is just going to be forgotten very soon than the marvelous T-Jet.
  5. I was also thinking the same..4 pages of FIAT bashing without knowing what they are going to sell as sports version . I agree that it can be just decals and may be retuning of 90 hp as teky mentioned . But before all these harsh comments can't we please wait for 2 more days to know the real picture ?

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  6. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    We often criticize our so called "Indian mentality"..we actually showed the same in last 4 pages!!
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Ajit - There ain't any bashing done here ;)

It's the pure attraction towards Fiat that the owners are asking Fiat not to go the wrong way albeit in a stronger tone!
  8. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

They could have brought in a T-Jet LE version.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    But no body will buy it with the current Petrol prices mate! We know what's happening to the T-Jet - Don't want another effort going down the drain.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yaah, they may launch an Abarth 180 HP/400NM of 2 ltr MJD with Brembo brakes & air ducts with lowered suspension, isn't it at 6L ex. :A?
    I still love my 90 HP & love whizzing past in this cruiser, but FIAT was a lot more meaningful adding that "Enthusiast" term earlier. This is known as "Deception" what GM/Hyundai/Maruti already doing. If they put power, they lack other stuff. If FIAT is complete with other stuff they lack out grunt. A true Enthusiast can never be decepted by such claims. We know what it is that we like in a FIAT & some ugly fatty stinking CEO's statement is not required to stamp it. You know what you may find in addition after 2 days, rear seats are also stitched red in new "Sports" model:A

I would praise FIAT for coming all honest in newspapers & let us know the reason crystal clear why they are not launching their real enthusiastic stuff in India. They can have a break too & our good wishes. Instead of that, fit it with an MJD & stitch it red & press briefs it as "Sports". That's not FIAT, that's business!

If i were Sergio, i would fit that VGT MJD in that officials bums & order him leave the FIAT premises at a top speed of 190 km/hr:dancing. Looser!!
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.