1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version - Launching on 18th May

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by true fan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    That was hard! But come on, FIAL is indeed taking some steps after all.

May be, what others said might be true; metallic pedals, chrome exhaust tip, et all.

But no body knows, how they have re-tuned the performance! Possibilities are there for the power to be bumped upto 93bhp same as Linea. And they could have worked hard on the gear ratios too! Just imagine the same ECU re-map of new Linea MJD along with proper gear ratio, doing duty on the all new Punto! It should give more pep overall than before for sure!

The add on's might be a marketing glimpse so that atleast people would TD it and feel the reality of a 90hp Punto!!!

And let us do wait till 18th of this month, to see what really the ''SPORT'' version is going to be!
    1 person likes this.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Analyze their body language.
    90 HP / 209 NM is the "sport" version for Indian enthusiast:eek:.
    Italian engineers must laugh their hearts out when they were mapping these 90 HP to 93 HP. Car for enthusiast..!!
    Is it necessary to call it a "Sport" version. When they already called it once, are they trying now to fool enthusiast with some different colour of stitching:A as an update. What an update! I am hating this FIAT INDIA more n more day by day.

Since the future products would a direct reflection of the suggestions provided by existing FIAT INDIA's officials, one doesn't need too much of study what suggestions these people will put forth:(
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am hoping they have either re-tuned the engine or upgraded the gear box. I wouldn't pay an additional 30-40K for cosmetic changes.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

They may also provide a bucket full of detailing products free of cost along with the car.
    What say now relativity?
    You may exchange your OB 90 HP to avail that offer+ you will pay 50,000 premium:dancing
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Do you have something against detailers?
    To answer your question, I won't. I like the car as is and I am glad that I purchased before the "Sports" version launch. Car detailing will always continue to be a passion. But remember, I drive a 90 HP so I am allowed to have that vice. The ones driving the Koreans and Japs are not allowed to be passionate about detailing. I like spending hundreds on Car detailing because my car deserves it. I also drive around a lot for somebody who learnt to drive just 2 months ago and at speeds that most Hatchbacks won't know their cars are capable of.
    On a lighter note, since you never detail your car; maybe you should go for the exchange offer. It will help your car look clean :D
    2 people like this.
  6. carsingh01

carsingh01

The standard safety features in the car anti lock brakes with electronic brake force distribution, electronic stability control device, and two dual-stage front airbags, side bags, and window bags. An energy-absorbing body shell, anti-whiplash front seats, and safety belts with pre-tensioners further enhance safety on the wheels of Fiat Punto.
  7. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I seriously doubt that! No way they are going to add side air bags for Punto 90hp. They would have added it in 2012 Linea MJD Emotion variant, if they ever had such plans.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I have confirmed reports from one of the sales execs that there is a sport version due launch shortly..
    Should be fun to watch
    1 person likes this.
  9. venka

venka BANNED

Today went to book the second punto for our famliy in prerana Dealer told Sport will launch on 18th of this month. They are going for training on wednesday. Lets see this till this week end , FIAT might launch it ..

1 person likes this.
  10. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    waiting to see wats coming new on the Sports Model..... I hope FIAT does adequate advertising on this launch !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.