1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports Version - Launching on 18th May

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by true fan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    FRONT-3-4-RE-25NEW-white-B-copy.jpg BACK-3-4-CAMP-17-White-B-copy.jpg BACK-3-4-CAMP-17-B.jpg

Check out the WHEEL sizes in these pictures!!! ;) or whatever happened to the ground clearance ;) but never the less right direction in terms of marketing ;) these things do matter. Note that these images have been digitally enhanced more than other images on their website. Atleast some thought is given...hmm.
    On a serious note Good Job! Cheers! (marketing perspective only...though i wish these were transformed realistically aswell courtesy 17" alloys, probably an industry first for an hatchback!)
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Because i10 & i20 are never supposed to be sport, doesn't matter if they are fitted with thrusters instead of exhausts. But if FIAT has added "Sport", it should wrap up the stuff 2 segments above.
    Eg. is Palio GTX which was one of the fastest car in sub 20L category.
    Let's not be ashamed if our favorite manufacturer is making a mistake.
    If FIAT were Hyundai...., this whole FIAT Enthusiast drama makes no sense:razz:.
  3. sungoa2010

As TFI member CV anand pointed out palio 1.2 sport has undergone the same upliftment. So nothing new about it. For S10 kind of evolution we have to wait... :)
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Whatever, but Hyundai/Maruti etc. etc. sport theme is no reference here. Creator knows that they have been mis-using these words with money making intentions successfully. If you support FIAT also going same way, pls go ahead. This is not a FIAT "sport" machine by any mean what so ever. We will know when there will be one.
  5. KunalB

KunalB Timido

The problem really, i think is loosing the "opportunity"
    Agreed sports versions of Maruti/Hyundai are similar/lesser appealing than Punto Sport. But the question is even after these cosmetic changes those marutis and hyndais sell like hot cakes FIAT'S DONT. So this was the opportunity to do something different which I think Fiat lost, it needs to attract eyeballs in the real sense (I am sure it does when i am in my linea.. :-D) but what i mean is eyeballs towards Fiat as a company, brand and products in India. Since this is limited edition stuff what harm would it have made to tweak performance, engines etc to make it sporty and for enthusiats. If they made 100 such cars I am sure they would have sold them the very 1st day.. but now we have to be happy with the same 93ps..
    In the end I would like to congratulate all of us to have a second FIAT CAffe in India.. :-D:cool: and hoping we get one soon in Mumbai.. C'mon FIAT...
    2 people like this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Can you imagine Punto/Linea with 1.6 MJD (120 HP, 320 NM) or Even a 2 Ltr MJD make (180 HP, 380 NM) with all Brembo discs all around & a Dualogic? Even if they don't do any modification to suspension, it will still handle that monstrous torque beautifully & carry over better than Verna/Cities (with those odd 120 BHP) any day. Mind it, Suspension/Chassis of these beauties can handle 50% more power, far far underpowered even with a T jet:A.

Import engines/gear boxes & slot it in, call it "SPORT" with 2L premium. That's what they have missed!! They will find lots of buyers for sure if it won't sell like a hot cake. It would instill such a fear & guilt in Chinese owner's for a ran over doggie's death on road. One would need Audi/BMW just to keep up with those killers else don't dare to follow them in your nightmares! If People are kudoing this "Sport" version...., nothing to say:lol.
    Ohhhh FIAT:(!!
  7. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

I drove down to may native on NH 48 tdy from B'lore...

Surprisingly I saw many many Punto's and a couple of Linea's as well...

Most were new cars ...couple of OB punto's like mine too....

I must have seen atleast 15-20 Punto's...and almost every Punto driver spots another Punto and stares at other Punto's driver..like me...this behavior you don't find for any other car & its drivers''...why is this happening?? because of "Admiration Guaranteed".....!!!

thats FIAT...

BTW..I reached my max speed till date of 165 kmph with boot full + 2 ppl over 90kg & 2 ppl over 80kg + one kid around 30 :) :)

I was breezing all through > 140 almost throught my 100km drive...

Only one guy in i20 kept up with my pace....I beat him ...he beat me..I beat him..he beat me ..then I stopped for bfast and he vanished...(mine is a 76 HP punto)

The difference though was it was looking almost effortless for me..and I thought he was trying his best to be ahead of me....

But still ..one doubt though is with above load is 165 the max I get ??...because I had floored my accelerator...and RPM was around 4k....
    3 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Yes. I think so. For the 76HP, 160-165 may be the max you can reach. But, if you take to higher speeds very slowly, then there is a chance of taking your car to 170+. But, for the 90HP, taking the car to 180+ is always possible.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.